Side Mirror Turn Signals?

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Whats up guys.. so ive always been a luxury type of guy but love adventure and offroading/overlanding etc. Always wanted a jeep and been waiting years for something like the JL.. all i notice that is missing is side mirror turn signals and its like porsche and the jk had a baby lol .... anyways been looking everywhere but cant find any info maybe is my bad resources.. will there be a package that includes this?.. thank you guys..
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the prevailing thought is it will be on the Euro version but not US.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
If true I wonder how interchangeable the US and Euro side mirrors are? :idea:
I'm guessing, just guessing, that that the wiring is there or close by. Mount should be the same. They wouldn't make multiple doors. If you really like them and want them, they shouldn't be too hard to swap out. Someone at some point will post a thread or a build that covers the mirror swap. Cost of the mirrors, now that's another story!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thomastko

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I'm guessing, just guessing, that that the wiring is there or close by. Mount should be the same. They wouldn't make multiple doors. If you really like them and want them, they shouldn't be too hard to swap out. Someone at some point will post a thread or a build that covers the mirror swap. Cost of the mirrors, now that's another story!
Yeah good point hopefully its something easy.. ive seen people do the electric side mirror open/close from the european version of cars here in the us didnt seem to hard .. its comforting knowing its possible tho..

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Hopefully the door wiring can be easily added and there's already wiring on the other side of the connector. I'd like to do this to my JL.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Yea, they are on these export JL's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Side Mirror Turn Signals? {filename}
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa!!! GMC hauling them tester Jeeps?!? lol

@ nowandthen - I wouldn't be surprised if they are interchangeable but there is always that one wire that makes all the difference. I am thinking the Euro may have an additional turn signal wire to the side mirrors but I am hoping the wire harnesses are the same minus the signal wire plugged into the US side mirrors but still there. Those side mirrors signals are slick!

2stoned

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sj413, sx4
Are we also talking about power-folding mirrors on the Euro models?
- Or will that just be an aftermarket option?
I did notice that this was not in the North American manual.
Very convenient parking in town and when pushing your way through brush or forrest.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thomastko

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Yea, they are on these export JL's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Side Mirror Turn Signals? {filename}
Maybe jeep is going to add them in future models. With all the features they added now i doubt they’ll have any other ideas for the next couple of years.. they are probably going to add it maybe on that hybrid in 2020.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe jeep is going to add them in future models. With all the features they added now i doubt they’ll have any other ideas for the next couple of years.. they are probably going to add it maybe on that hybrid in 2020.
I was thinking along the same lines. That there might be a future domestic special edition that adds the side mirror repeater signals.

There is precedent. The mirror caps which were an export excusive for most of the JK run, finally showed up in 2017 in a domestic special edition (though painted silver instead of body colored).

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are we also talking about power-folding mirrors on the Euro models?
I thought power-folding mirrors were a Japanese thing? They have to pay a tax based on the overall width of their vehicle when parked. Having the mirrors automatically tuck in when parked, saves the owner a few yen.

OP
OP
Thomastko

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I thought power-folding mirrors were a Japanese thing? They have to pay a tax based on the overall width of their vehicle when parked. Having the mirrors automatically tuck in when parked, saves the owner a few yen.
Wow i didnt know that but it would be nice to get power folding though.. the signals is more of a safety thing for me, i drive busses for the city in new york and you use your feet for the turn signals which makes me forget to use my hand for my car till i bought a suv with the side mirror signals it helps me remember to use my signals lol now it just feels wierd to turn and now see it blinking in the mirrors ..

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
It's funny, I thought one of the reasons why the turn signals in the front were moved to the fenders was the need ( pleasurable design elements notwithstanding) in some FCA markets for turn signals to be visible to others fom the side, in order for the vehicle to be street legal.

Maybe the ones on the side view mirror insure that no European market can claim that directional intention isn't clearly enough visible to others from the fender markers alone.
Sponsored