Fenders/ turn signals

Youxarexthexmoon

First Name
Alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JL sport
Hi all. My first post. I recently purchased a used 2018 JL 2 door sport. I wanted to get rid of the plastic bulky fender flares and upgrade to steel pairs. My question; the turn signal is on the fenders, so if I get ones that have no turn signals, how does my car display the signal?! I’m sorry I’m totally new to modifying cars and working on them. I was thinking of upgrading the headlights and I noticed some have the turn signal operated on those instead of the side fenders. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Headlights with turn signals? Doesn't sound right. How do you see the turn signal when the headlight us on? Why not just get fenders with lights in them?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm not going to upgrade my front fenders because of this (lack of turn signals). Whats as important to me is the side indicator as well. I don't even care what the law says. Turn signals both front and side are at a minimum, polite.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yes, there are many aftermarket headlights that function as turn signals also. The only problem in Cali is that the turn signal must be visible from the side of the vehicle also, alot of people use a small amber LED attached to the aftermarket fender and wired into the turn signal wiring.

OP
OP
Youxarexthexmoon

Youxarexthexmoon

First Name
Alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JL sport
yeah some of the aftermarket headlights I found online have amber turn signal indicators built in. And oh dang ok yeah I’m in Cali so I guess would def need fenders with turn signals. Do you guys usually use Extreme Terrain for products? I don’t mean to be annoying, but if anyone could even send me some links of things to check out if you found on other sites that would be in line to what I’m trying to do. The mods I want to tackle first are the fenders and headlights cause the stock ones I really feel are just not bright at all. And the fender flares I’m just not digging the plastic, aesthetically speaking I wanted to just get something to give it a more aggressive look
Thank you

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
yeah some of the aftermarket headlights I found online have amber turn signal indicators built in. And oh dang ok yeah I’m in Cali so I guess would def need fenders with turn signals. Do you guys usually use Extreme Terrain for products? I don’t mean to be annoying, but if anyone could even send me some links of things to check out if you found on other sites that would be in line to what I’m trying to do. The mods I want to tackle first are the fenders and headlights cause the stock ones I really feel are just not bright at all. And the fender flares I’m just not digging the plastic, aesthetically speaking I wanted to just get something to give it a more aggressive look
Thank you
Extreme terrain
Northridge 4x4
Quadratec
CJ pony parts
Morris 4x4 center

A few that I use, there are more though.
Sponsored