Sponsored

Show me your Nerf steps

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The wife needed a step to get in easily when wearing a dress, so she told me. Lol

AED07E2B-41DD-44D1-B614-202D337C34A8.jpeg

B6F34C17-E289-4E2C-8C90-9C8A13506DC4.jpeg
I’m trying to figure out if these make getting in and out easier compared to the factory side steps that come on a Sahara. Of course, you didn’t have the Sahara steps since you have a Rubi - but does anyone have an idea of which option is closer to the ground/easier to get in and out?

JlRubi18

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
I’m trying to figure out if these make getting in and out easier compared to the factory side steps that come on a Sahara. Of course, you didn’t have the Sahara steps since you have a Rubi - but does anyone have an idea of which option is closer to the ground/easier to get in and out?
I believe the steps that come standard on the Sahara are more like a running board. My wife was particular that I get a “step down” so that she could get up easily. We looked at the other options and they seemed to run parallel to the doors and not much of help for her to get up.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
I believe the steps that come standard on the Sahara are more like a running board.
To confirm, yes, the Sahara is a running board style and is level with the frame rails:
IMG_1016.jpg

Depending the style of Nerf step you get, I've seen anywhere from 1" to 3" lower of a step.

Bummer to hear about the hold up on the Nfab steps but I'm still some weeks away from placing an order.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Bummer to hear about the hold up on the Nfab steps but I'm still some weeks away from placing an order.
I have been in touch with them weekly and I think they are finally shipping stuff - I have been waiting for my RKR with removable steps for 2 months - and they did have tooling changes after prototype review but found out they shipped yesterday.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Depending the style of Nerf step you get, I've seen anywhere from 1" to 3" lower of a step.
Thank you for this helpful info!!! Do you know which ones are closer to 1” and closer to 3”, etc? I’m sorry - I’ve searched all over - including asking around at companies... and cannot seem to get answers.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I really like the nFab steps. :clap: img_2983.jpg

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Those seem like a decent drop down to make entry easier. I wish they covered the pinch seam more...

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Had the n-fab steps for 4 years on my Truck. Good step. They did rust in Ohio winter and had to have them replaced. N-fab replaces them at no cost though. Just had to deal with switching them out.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Had the n-fab steps for 4 years on my Truck. Good step. They did rust in Ohio winter and had to have them replaced. N-fab replaces them at no cost though. Just had to deal with switching them out.
Thanks! I would buy these right now if they didn’t show the darn pinch seam :(

Sponsored

sprk33

First Name
Joseph Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
I like the Rough Country bars/steps....wife has no problem getting in now....
20180511_140530.jpg
20180511_145040.jpg

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I have been in touch with them weekly and I think they are finally shipping stuff - I have been waiting for my RKR with removable steps for 2 months - and they did have tooling changes after prototype review but found out they shipped yesterday.
any updates? I'm interested to see how these RKR look like. Thanks!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
We test drove a Sahara before we ordered our JLUR. The side steps on the Sahara are a nice feature and make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle. It seemed to me that the Sahara felt closer to the ground than the Rubi.

Hope the info helps....

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
We test drove a Sahara before we ordered our JLUR. The side steps on the Sahara are a nice feature and make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle. It seemed to me that the Sahara felt closer to the ground than the Rubi.

Hope the info helps....
Thank you! The Sahara is definitely closer to the ground. I do like the side steps as well! I’m curious mostly about how far down nerf bars with steps extend beyond the factory steps.

That said, I’m holding on this one, as I don’t see a great option that offers a good step while also covering the pinch seam.
Sponsored