Sponsored

Show me your Nerf steps

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My thoughts exactly! And is why I've become more interested in the removable step option offered on Nfab's RKR rail/step. I currently have the factory plastic step that I know will need to come off to enter a specific trail we have in northern MN (which we discovered when my buddy almost tore off his factory nerf step on his brand new TRD Taco). I don't want to leave the pinch seam exposed so a rock rail is a must for me. The appeal to the nerf step is purely for looks because I like the aggressive look.
I have a set of the RKR with removable steps on order - should be shipping any day I will post up when I get them installed
Sponsored

OP
OP

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
I have a set of the RKR with removable steps on order - should be shipping any day I will post up when I get them installed
Perfect, this is what I was hoping for! Looking forward to seeing pictures and how the install went. Where did you order from?

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Perfect, this is what I was hoping for! Looking forward to seeing pictures and how the install went. Where did you order from?
Direct fro NFAB - wanted to confirm they were making them and the part number was right - not much price variation from any sellers and not off the shelf.

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
$330 on 4 Wheel Parts website with a $40 rebate as well! Also, 3% cashback with ebates.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
$330 on 4 Wheel Parts website with a $40 rebate as well! Also, 3% cashback with ebates.
The RKR with removable steps are $525 on 4 wheel parts - I got the rebate from NFab - item J074RKRS4 is what you are looking for.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
The RKR with removable steps are $525 on 4 wheel parts - I got the rebate from NFab - item J074RKRS4 is what you are looking for.
Any chance you've received your new RKR's yet?? I stopped at the new 4 Wheels Parts store they put up to see if they happened to have some in stock but no dice.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any chance you've received your new RKR's yet?? I stopped at the new 4 Wheels Parts store they put up to see if they happened to have some in stock but no dice.
Not yet, they sent me an email early last week and said they are still 10-14 days out, earliest they would ship would be the end of this week. They had to make some changes to the production jigs. They haven’t started shipping any at this time is what I was told.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Does the Nerf steps hide the pinch seam? I can't tell as the pictures aren't at the correct angle to see.
FYI: I found the answer check out at 4:52 into the video (and 6:03, etc.). You can clearly see the pinch seams. :(

OP
OP

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
You can clearly see the pinch seams. :(
At about 5:30 when the camera is zoomed out a bit, that's about the same about of pinch seam I see with my factory steps on now. If anything, his seem to stand out more because of his white jeep and dirty seams. I think these cover the seam pretty good. From what pictures I've been able to find, the Nfab RKRs cover the seam more.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
At about 5:30 when the camera is zoomed out a bit, that's about the same about of pinch seam I see with my factory steps on now. If anything, his seem to stand out more because of his white jeep and dirty seams. I think these cover the seam pretty good. From what pictures I've been able to find, the Nfab RKRs cover the seam more.
Anyone able to measure distance from the step to the door sill for the options in here?

Trying to compare options to see what the best options would be for my family for accessibility.

tdubs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Not yet, they sent me an email early last week and said they are still 10-14 days out, earliest they would ship would be the end of this week. They had to make some changes to the production jigs. They haven’t started shipping any at this time is what I was told.
Did they ever get the steps to you? Looking to order these in the next couple weeks.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did they ever get the steps to you? Looking to order these in the next couple weeks.
Suppose to ship this week if not I am cancelling my order. I have been told 3-5 days for about a month now from NFab

tdubs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
That's what I was afraid of... Unfortunate because they look like a nice product.