Sponsored

Should I ?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
It's nothing special besides the mods. It's not a franchise Jeep dealer making the offer. I'm taking the offer.
I would too, 2019s are just around the corner as well.
Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Just take your Bill of Sale once you sell it to your local tax office and they will credit you back some of the sales tax from the new one....even if you buy it somewhere else....at least that’s what I do in Arkansas since I sell my cars privately......that way I never lose the trade in vs sales tax dilemma,,

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I’d take it only because I have no idea why they are offering to pay over msrp for something you can still buy. That’s just odd to me.
I agree. Don’t know why they would do this, but take it and get what you want.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
None of this makes any sense. Why would a dealer pay more for your jeep because of a lift and tires. That they could do cheaper. Reminds me of the times in the ram forums , where guys would trade in there 1 year old truck and not loose anything. If it is like you're saying with no catches, you'd be crazy not to do it. Tax thing in Missouri it doesn't matter if you trade it or sell it, you only pay tax on the difference.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Considering the frames on these JL's I'd take that in a heartbeat. Go buy JK.
Dude, will you ever stop trolling about the frames? It's like you are infatuated with complaining about them. His post has NOTHING to do with frames. If you don't like yours, then sell it then delete your account. We are tired of hearing you whine about the phuckin welds on frames.

Sponsored

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
I’d take it only because I have no idea why they are offering to pay over msrp for something you can still buy. That’s just odd to me.

Probably because it looks good on the lot and is eye candy to bring people in. There's always some sucker who will pay WAY more than it's worth because they like the look and don't know better.

A local dealer here has a 18 JKU "Rugged Ridge" edition for around 50k. It's a soft top Sport S with just connectivity as an option. Even has the base gearing. Probably like a 34,000 Jeep to start, with maybe 6 or 7k in mods, lol. It's looks mean though, so someone will buy it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
What to do? I have a JLUSS with a Mopar 2" and 35's. I got an excellent deal when I purchased new and did all the work myself. I'm into my Jeep $40.5k and a dealership offered me $44.5K to buy it from me. Should I take the offer ?
Yes..

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
^^^
Also to ensure you get the tax savings you’d have to trade that vehicle in at the same dealer for a new vehicle. They can always cut you a check for the Jeep and then you could buy somewhere else, but then you’d owe tax on the full amount of the new vehicle at another dealer. Depending on state and county that could $2500 or more.
That’s not true in every state. Where I live you have 60 days after the sale of your car to replace it, regardless of where you sold it or who you sold it to. The sale price of your used car is fully credited towards your new vehicle price. So if you buy a $40k car after selling a $40k car you pay no sales tax, as long as 60 days haven’t passed.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My frame appears to be one of the good ones. I don't need a Rubicon but I do like them. I'm leaning toward taking the offer and doing it again. I think I can get another great deal if I shop around. I am very happy with my Jeep.

Turbo next?
Depends if you want something different. Also consider all other costs...sales or other tax, any fees when you bought, etc.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
That’s not true in every state. Where I live you have 60 days after the sale of your car to replace it, regardless of where you sold it or who you sold it to. The sale price of your used car is fully credited towards your new vehicle price. So if you buy a $40k car after selling a $40k car you pay no sales tax, as long as 60 days haven’t passed.
Yeah, you just have to look into all fees and costs associated with another purchase...tax, title, registrations, fees, etc...

rust proofing, transport charge, surcharge, additional overcharge, finders fee, floor mats, keys...(name that quote)

OP
OP
Dewey

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Still figuring this out in Calif , looks like I'll pay a use tax for the short time I owned the Granite JL and be reimbursed the balance. The new JL has no bearing on the old JL.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
After looking at everything you’ve said, I think I’d pull the trigger on this deal too.

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
FCA does that all the time !!! Buy back 1 year old cars...it the biggest scam in the book. They basicly offer same or more on what is left to pay on it.

They do that so they can boost sales for that period but in reality they are just scamming 1 year of payments off you and keeping the interest... dont do it unless you dont like your jeep setup and want a rubicon or other type of vehicule.
Sponsored