Should I replace the trackbar or not?

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
I've got a 2019 Jeep JL 2 Door Sport. I'm planning an RC 2.5" shocks/springs lift. I'm planning 35s in the future. The shop is recommending an adjustable trackbar. Am I going to need this or not?

When I'm offroad, I typically drive on forest roads, unpaved roads, and some light offroad conditions. Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've got a 2019 Jeep JL 2 Door Sport. I'm planning an RC 2.5" shocks/springs lift. I'm planning 35s in the future. The shop is recommending an adjustable trackbar. Am I going to need this or not?

When I'm offroad, I typically drive on forest roads, unpaved roads, and some light offroad conditions. Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.
You won't need an adjustable track bar at 2.5" of lift.

You can install a track bar bracket to help the centering of the front axle and to eliminate any bump steer, but you'll be fine without an adjustable.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ont-track-bar-axle-bracket-kit-2-5-3-5in-lift

Something like this is all you need to keep things parallel and happy.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Need? At that lift not an absolute need.

Should? Probably. At 2.5 lift you will likely get close to a 1/2" axle offset that you could correct with an adjustable. Also the factory one is about as stiff as cooked spaghetti with bushings that slop out pretty quick.

OP
OP
chewieHVT

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Need? At that lift not an absolute need.

Should? Probably. At 2.5 lift you will likely get close to a 1/2" axle offset that you could correct with an adjustable. Also the factory one is about as stiff as cooked spaghetti with bushings that slop out pretty quick.
Any particular track bar better than another?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yes, get one. Get the RC one. It’s beef and adjustable on vehicle.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Any particular track bar better than another?
We all have our brand preferences - suspension brand choice is like religion and politics on here - it is a topic best avoided ;)

But as you are going RC you might as well go RC for the track-bar as well.

OP
OP
chewieHVT

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Thanks to each of you for responding.

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
When I did the 2.5 RC on my JLUR my offset was a little more than 1/2 inch. Not a big deal, but I wanted it even. I got the Rancho trackbar, it's solid, but not adjustable on the Jeep. PITA torquing the jam nut too, but doable.
Sponsored