Sponsored

Should I add remote proximity keyless entry??

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I drew the line and didn't order it, because I did without it for years (my Tacoma had it, though)... what I didn't consider is that since it's keyless start, there is no need to reach into my pocket for the key except to unlock it... so I'd never do without proximity entry unless the vehicle had a keyed ignition switch
That is the only reason I'm in the middle of adding it. This is the only vehicle out of 5 I own that is keyless start so it makes sense to have the convenience of it. If I'm taking my keys out anyway no big deal.
Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Keyless entry does no good when your doors are hanging on the wall in your garage. It’s a jeep !!
Yup.. can't argue that LOL.. But for the tailgate still helps if ya "lock" it ;)

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Keyless entry does no good when your doors are hanging on the wall in your garage. It’s a jeep !!
You're not wrong, but some of live in shit winter climates too

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Ordered a 2021 JLU Sahara....have time to add options if I want.

What are owners thoughts on remote proximity keyless entry? Should I add it? My current vehicle has it and I do use it, but I added lots of options to my JLU and figured I needed to draw the line somewhere.

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Get it but skip the LED Headlights if possible given your location due to Snow. The LED headlights run very cool and are difficult in snow as heavy snow can block them. You will need to stop at times and then clean the snow off them. Ignore this if you do not need to regularly drive in heavy snow. Otherwise, go to Halogens and save yourself a headache. Halogens run hot and snow melts due to that.

I love my LEDs between the months of March till December. During our three snow months, I hate them. They are good for warm places like South or Southwestern USA. @YippieKiYayMrFalcon is perfectly correct in recommending them given his location (Atlanta, GA). He may not see Snow the way you will in Nova Scotia.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I decided against proxy entry. I was worried that the sudden unlocking of my doors hanging in the garage while I'm out in the Jeep might scare the dog.

Deleted member 59498

I can't think of any reason not to have. Is awesome.

1 finger to unlock when your hands are full of bags... Yeah. One finger lock when you are going into the house with bunch of bags... Yeah

Plus you get the HUGE key fob with switch blade door key... Too cool.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Ordered a 2021 JLU Sahara....have time to add options if I want.

What are owners thoughts on remote proximity keyless entry? Should I add it? My current vehicle has it and I do use it, but I added lots of options to my JLU and figured I needed to draw the line somewhere.

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Absolutely add it. Why remove key fob from your pocket to unlock vehicle only to put it back in your pocket before starting the car. Makes no sense. For those who put the key fob in the center console, you still have to remember to take the key fob to lock the doors.