First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Medical Laboratory technician
If anyone hears that the proximity entry can be added please send me a message please. The dealership is really no help when asking questions about JLU add ons
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
If anyone hears that the proximity entry can be added please send me a message please. The dealership is really no help when asking questions about JLU add ons
Can't be added..... Well, in the year 2018 one should not say "can't", but reality is, if it could be added, it would cost you tons of money.
Forget proximity entry as it will be a no go for your JLU.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
In today's world, things are easier to add on later than they used to be. On the truck I traded in (2013 F-150) the only thing you needed to do to "add" remote start was turn it on in the ECU. Once people figured that out, they stopped giving hundreds of dollars to dealerships and started doing it themselves at home with free programming software they found online.

My guess is that on the Wrangler JL, there are LOTS of things we could easily add on later, we just haven't discovered it yet. We already know that the Tazer JL lets you "turn on" some of the safety features like blind spot monitoring, etc. I bet in the future we'll easily be able to turn on remote start, proximity entry, etc. The only hard part will be swapping out door handles, sensors, lights, etc. And that's not really hard at all.

Side note: I've been monitoring the new JLs being delivered to dealerships, and FCA has definitely fixed the window sticker issue now. Before, ALL JLs were being listed with Keyless Enter-N-Go as standard equipment. Now, the new stickers say "Keyless Go" instead. Lol. Very easy to see how people were confused...especially those of us who had been driving Chrysler brand vehicles for years.

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Can't be added..... Well, in the year 2018 one should not say "can't", but reality is, if it could be added, it would cost you tons of money.
Forget proximity entry as it will be a no go for your JLU.
I hate that because it is a real pain to dig in my purse looking for the key. My Lexus GS350 fsport has it and I love it. Not having it on my jeep almost makes me want to just drive my car when ever I need to go somewhere. That's how serious this is for me . If it cost 600-1000 that would be fine I would pay it.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I hate that because it is a real pain to dig in my purse looking for the key. My Lexus GS350 fsport has it and I love it. Not having it on my jeep almost makes me want to just drive my car when ever I need to go somewhere. That's how serious this is for me . If it cost 600-1000 that would be fine I would pay it.
Agreed...just picked up my JLU last Thursday and the key fob is way too big and I hate carrying groceries and having to dig through my pocket to push the stupid unlock button. Additional annoying missing features are not having front collision safety sensors, being able to permanently disengage the engine turn off when stopped, power windows should have the quick touch feature where they roll down and up, rear seat absolutely should be able to recline further, android auto via bluetooth and no usb cord needed.

Sponsored

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Pushing the button on the door handle does not unlock the Jeep with the fob on your person. It only locks the Jeep. Grabbing the handle will unlock it, if you have the $495 Proximity Remote Access option. It'll unlock the passenger side when you grab that handle as well as unlocking the rear door when grabbing that handle. It won't unlock the driver and passenger rear doors. I for one love the option and glad I ordered it.
So, if equipped, there is no way (in settings or other) to have it unlock all doors (4 plus rear door) when you grab the handle?! Damn! That is disappointing. I consider this a must have as I have had it on every car now for years.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
So, if equipped, there is no way (in settings or other) to have it unlock all doors (4 plus rear door) when you grab the handle?! Damn! That is disappointing. I consider this a must have as I have had it on every car now for years.
Yes, it can be made to open all doors. I have mine set to unlock all doors when the handle is grabbed, whether it's the driver, front passenger, or rear gate, all unlock on touch.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can. It's a setting in Uconnect that you must check to unlock all doors. Default setting only unlocks the driver door. I didn't make that clear when I originally posted the other post.

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Yes, it can be made to open all doors. I have mine set to unlock all doors when the handle is grabbed, whether it's the driver, front passenger, or rear gate, all unlock on touch.
Yes you can. It's a setting in Uconnect that you must check to unlock all doors. Default setting only unlocks the driver door. I didn't make that clear when I originally posted the other post.
Sorry to be redundant but, to be clear, when you say all doors, it means ALL doors. This would include the REAR passenger doors, correct?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Sorry to be redundant but, to be clear, when you say all doors, it means ALL doors. This would include the REAR passenger doors, correct?
Correct. All 5 doors unlock with the grab of one of the three handles that have the touch sensors.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The only thing you can't do is grab the rear doors to unlock anything. No sensors installed in them. Sensors are in tailgate and both front doors.

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Agreed...just picked up my JLU last Thursday and the key fob is way too big and I hate carrying groceries and having to dig through my pocket to push the stupid unlock button. Additional annoying missing features are not having front collision safety sensors, being able to permanently disengage the engine turn off when stopped, power windows should have the quick touch feature where they roll down and up, rear seat absolutely should be able to recline further, android auto via bluetooth and no usb cord needed.
I hope a lot of people complain about the proximity entry so that it could be added

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I hope a lot of people complain about the proximity entry so that it could be added
Agreed...I'm going from a 2015 Honda Accord with a little key fob with proximity entry and great forward collision warning. It sounds petty, but carrying young kids and having to manually get the key fob out gets old real fast. Both of these features should be standard in 2018!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
The key FOB IS PERFECT. And the proximity system works great.most of the COMPLAINTS IS OPERATOR ERROR
And the failure the learn how it works properly

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Agreed...I'm going from a 2015 Honda Accord with a little key fob with proximity entry and great forward collision warning. It sounds petty, but carrying young kids and having to manually get the key fob out gets old real fast. Both of these features should be standard in 2018!
That's so true. Its not petty. I'm carrying kids all so and its so aggravating to have to dig for that fob. Hope someone comes up with a solution and make it available to add it.
Sponsored