Shortest Date Ordered to Delivery time

RussTKD

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My order was submitted on 7/9 at 8:20PM. It’ll hit the rail yard Tuesday, and I’m scheduled to pick it up Friday.
Sponsored

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
@RubiconRider

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-wrangler.1616/page-862#post-267574

Total: 24 days for me...

Ordered 6/19, delivered to the dealer on 7/13 = 24 days

Ordered 6/19, delivered to the last rail yard in my city on 7/9 = 20 days
I ordered a Sport JLU, Mojito! with Auto tranny and hard top and mine went thru pretty fast= 8 days from ORDER to KZ (transit status)

I personally believe the less you add, the quicker your Jeep is processed. I could be wrong though...there are a lot of variables to consider.
I'm guessing 4 doors seem to get filled faster than 2 doors.
I agree that it seems less options gets built faster. I have a pretty basic build - two door Sport S, automatic, tow group, hard top, anti-slip differential. Nothing exotic or fancy.

I'm thinking the four doors getting built faster than two doors may have been the case a couple months ago, but I'm guessing it's no longer the case.

Ordered my two door later in the day on July 17. Dealer left a voicemail that he put the order in on the morning of July 18. Got a voicemail 7 days and 49 minutes later that my Wrangler is built and waiting to ship. Here's hoping I can beat your 24 days :).

OP
OP
RubiconRider

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
I agree that it seems less options gets built faster. I have a pretty basic build - two door Sport S, automatic, tow group, hard top, anti-slip differential. Nothing exotic or fancy.

I'm thinking the four doors getting built faster than two doors may have been the case a couple months ago, but I'm guessing it's no longer the case.

Ordered my two door later in the day on July 17. Dealer left a voicemail that he put the order in on the morning of July 18. Got a voicemail 7 days and 49 minutes later that my Wrangler is built and waiting to ship. Here's hoping I can beat your 24 days :).

My 2 door rubicon order got put 7/10 and I'm still in D1.

The only options I got were leather seats, heated seats, and hardtop and the color white.
Pretty bare bones build...

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
My 2 door rubicon order got put 7/10 and I'm still in D1.

The only options I got were leather seats, heated seats, and hardtop and the color white.
Pretty bare bones build...
I'm thinking the Rubicon may be the delay.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Actually I think a lot of it falls on the outside suppliers, since they don’t really store and stock any parts at the factory.
I think they get in a load of Rubi axles, and build them a while. Then there might be a load of selec track transfer cases, or Sport axles without limited slip... they shuffle the orders to match whatever parts they have.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Haha noiceee! I hope you do beat my 24days! That'll be hawt! :rock:

And we want pics too!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Update? What's your status now? And your location.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 6/8, delivered to dealership late Monday night, picked up from dealership around noon on Tuesday (7/31), so 7.5 weeks / 53 days.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 6/8, delivered to dealership late Monday night, picked up from dealership around noon on Tuesday (7/31), so 7.5 weeks / 53 days.
Omgoodnesss! Where are the PICS!!? GRATZZZ!

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Omgoodnesss! Where are the PICS!!? GRATZZZ!
Didn't take any during the daylight, but here's some from a well lit parking lot this evening...

jeep-jl-002.jpg

jeep-jl-003.jpg

jeep-jl-004.jpg

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! :rock:
Funny thing is that when I drove home, my dog heard me driving up and was at the electric fence growling / barking aggressively... As soon as I got out, she was all friendly as usual. Dogs have really good hearing and can tell the difference between the sound of two vehicles that are basically the same (i.e. same make, model, engine, etc). When I left later and came back, she had already associated that engine sound with me, so she greeted me as normal. Doesn't take them long to learn. Of course, *some* dogs (like a neighbor I used to have) bark at *everything*. A mosquito flies through the yard, the dog barks at it. He had a bunch of noisy little dogs that I like to call "rat dogs" (i.e. they are just rats that bark) -- Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, etc... He was also Filipino and it seemed that the dogs that he had often changed... Hmmm... What's for supper?

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
Update? What's your status now? And your location.
As of Monday morning shipping is still TBD.:(

It's looking like I won't make 23 days or less.

And I'm in Savage, MN. I forget that a lot of people do this on their phones where the location is not readily available.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
July 17th and the dealer just called this morning to tell me it's there.
Sponsored