Sponsored

Shackle mounts for front Rubicon bumper?

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I've always liked the hard Rock/ anniversary bumper from the jks so I was pretty happy to get almost the same looking one on the jl. My biggest issue is that the front tow hooks are not closed and I worry about stuff falling off in the middle of recovery.

So would there be any issues using some thing like this to add shackle mounts with a high jack lift recovery point to the bumper? I don't think there would be any issues since it attaches to the bottom of the winch plate and you cut the hole in the bumper

Screenshot_20180311-213734.png

https://www.quadratec.com/p/maximus...angler-jk-mopar-10th-anniversary-rubicon-hard

Here's a picture with just the shackle mounts

Screenshot_20180311-220021.png
Sponsored

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Following for sure to see what everyone else says about this.

Having been looking for the same. Seems that all require cutting of the bumper, some just less than others.

I keep thinking someone would come out with a whole piece that circles the fog lights as well as bolts to the frame, similar to the clevis from FrogFab, but no such luck so far.

EDIT: Also the Maximus-3 Tow Loops are available on their website.
https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-tow-loops#/

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I contacted FrogFab about their JK clevis mounts and they said that it should be compatible with the JL since it's the same mount points, but that they haven't tested it yet. If they haven't done any by April, I think I'll be their guinea pig! I actually prefer the Warm or Maximus-3 mount points, but cutting a section out of the lower bumper versus the plastic front caps is very different...

AS-0187-vue4.jpg

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yea - Totally agree. The Maximus requires less cutting than the Warn, but I agree with you.

I assume the plastic front caps can be ordered separately if something gets messed up as well.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted FrogFab about their JK clevis mounts and they said that it should be compatible with the JL since it's the same mount points, but that they haven't tested it yet. If they haven't done any by April, I think I'll be their guinea pig! I actually prefer the Warm or Maximus-3 mount points, but cutting a section out of the lower bumper versus the plastic front caps is very different...

AS-0187-vue4.jpg
Definitely would like to know how it goes if you do become the pig. I have been looking at the Warn points since I already have a winch mounted and used the Warn plate, but I'm not a fan of how much they want you to cut out. Maximus-3 would be better, but it appears that I would have to swap winch plates for theirs.

I had not heard of FrogFab before, and this might be an interesting alternative. Love the stock steel bumper, but my only gripe is lack of closed points.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
@ToolMan514, any updates on the frogfab shackle mounts? I don’t see the jk version on their website anymore.
The answer I got from them was that they "should" work, but have not been tested. I ended up installing a front trailer hitch behind the skid plate, so did not go with front shackles.

Sponsored

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
@ToolMan514, any updates on the frogfab shackle mounts?
I know this is an older thread but I did reach out to frogfab as well since I’m looking for a way to get shackles as well. This is what they told me:

They install front of the frame where the crash can are inside the bumper

After you just need to cut the plastic cap.“

Unless there are better options, I may try these.

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
I am interested as well as options...please take pics/post if you do!!

JL2021guy

First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 3.6
Occupation
Jeep fun