First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
Is there a page on this forum where I can look up service intervals and oil & fluid specs.
I have a JL Rubi and want to service my True Loc diffs and would like to confirm what oils to use. It would also be good the get a list of other non Mopar specs for fluids such as the transmission etc..
This page should also include all engine and trans and diff options.
Sponsored

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
What's wrong with looking in your owner's manual? It has all the information you seek aside from non-Mopar fluids (but it will list the standard the aftermarket fluid must meet).

OP
OP
Multihull

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
What's wrong with looking in your owner's manual? It has all the information you seek aside from non-Mopar fluids (but it will list the standard the aftermarket fluid must meet).
As I said I wanted to know what other choices of oils and fluids I can use on my JL. Mopar Parts and fluids are good but really expensive and often the fluids are just are a branded cheap and readily available alternative. The JL 8 speed transmission uses a special clear coloured fluid that costs about $100 a quart in Australia . It maybe just an off the shelf tractor fluid. This is the case with the 2006 Grand & Commander that has a crazy high price for their transfer case fluid. It turns out it's just Mobil Fluid 424 which cost under $5 a quart.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
As I said I wanted to know what other choices of oils and fluids I can use on my JL. Mopar Parts and fluids are good but really expensive and often the fluids are just are a branded cheap and readily available alternative. The JL 8 speed transmission uses a special clear coloured fluid that costs about $100 a quart in Australia . It maybe just an off the shelf tractor fluid. This is the case with the 2006 Grand & Commander that has a crazy high price for their transfer case fluid. It turns out it's just Mobil Fluid 424 which cost under $5 a quart.
No, I've not seen one page on here with all the equivalent fluids. Seems like you're over complicating this...as @emptyminded42 said, simply consult the owners manual for service intervals and recommended fluids. If you dont like the price of a recommended fluid, do a simple search on here or google it....this site is user friendly and intuitive. I've changed fluid in the diff, trans, brakes, transfer case...nothing has been too expensive. :beer:

OP
OP
Multihull

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Sorry typo. Pls delete reference to "cheap" in my last post.
The more info we get the more we learn and the more informed we are.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Is there a page on this forum where I can look up service intervals and oil & fluid specs.
I have a JL Rubi and want to service my True Loc diffs and would like to confirm what oils to use. It would also be good the get a list of other non Mopar specs for fluids such as the transmission etc..
This page should also include all engine and trans and diff options.
I feel like if you searched or looked under the power and tech forum threads you should be able to find this information. Some of it might even be pinned at the top of those threads. You can also download the Jeep or Mopar app to pull up the owners manual. I also believe it has its own section for maintenance intervals.
Sponsored