Secret Button Code?!?!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Ok, so I know this started as a joke, but are you guys aware this actually works?!?!?!? With the jeep off press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, (hold down) and press the start button, and it puts the dash into test mode, runs through all the lights and software version, I kid you not, this is real!
WTF? What? I didnā€™t try this. I guess Iā€™ll waste a few seconds tomorrow because Iā€™m gullible, Iā€™m game. LOL.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don't know if it works on ALL Jeeps, but on mine I can select the rear camera and it comes on when I'm driving for a random amount of time. Usually 5-10s. It is nice to check on the trailer, etc when towing. I do have the tow package and the large screen so it could be a feature tied into those.
Yes, I use that all the time to check on my little trailer when itā€™s on.

I put the rear camera button on the favorites area n the bottom so I can easily use it as I am driving.

I wish it would stay on when pressed rather than turning off after a few seconds. I keep wondering if programmers can set it to stay on.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Yes, I use that all the time to check on my little trailer when itā€™s on.

I put the rear camera button on the favorites area n the bottom so I can easily use it as I am driving.

I wish it would stay on when pressed rather than turning off after a few seconds. I keep wondering if programmers can set it to stay on.
I like that it clears away. I push the button, check it and then don't need to push another button to have the radio or other infotainment items come back. My trailer is big enough I can see it in the side mirrors so I know its there. Sometimes I just like to check that camera view too.

I'd guess its a distracted driving/safety thing to not have that displaying for a long time. If you watch it.
Sponsored