Sponsored

Steering Voice Button and Android Auto

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
According to this video () pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel is akin to saying "Ok Google" to accept Android specific voice commands. Whenever I press it, even if Android Auto home screen is in focus, I get the regular UConnect voice input which responds to the rest of the non Android Auto parts of the car. I know I can say "OK Google" without pressing any buttons, but the success rate is mediocre.

Anyone else having this problem? What about Apple Car Play users with Siri?

I have some other gripes with Android Auto but I'm fairly certain they are to blame on Android devs not UConnect.
Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
According to this video () pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel is akin to saying "Ok Google" to accept Android specific voice commands. Whenever I press it, even if Android Auto home screen is in focus, I get the regular UConnect voice input which responds to the rest of the non Android Auto parts of the car. I know I can say "OK Google" without pressing any buttons, but the success rate is mediocre.

Anyone else having this problem? What about Apple Car Play users with Siri?

I have some other gripes with Android Auto but I'm fairly certain they are to blame on Android devs not UConnect.

Works fine for me. Make sure you're holding the button down while speaking.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
You can always just say "okay google" and do it without pressing any buttons.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. That was it for me too.
Great info! I've just been saying "Ok Google", but my Garmin dashcam gets confused (it uses "Ok Garmin"...sigh)...
Sponsored