Second battery?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Now that some of you more mechanical/electrically minded owners have had a chance to look at any changes in the engine compartment...will there be room for a second battery? In the JK, most systems require the replacement of the battery/fuse box platform to make room for the two batteries. Will a similar replacement be possible for the JL?

Update: this question was posted way before the ESS battery was mentioned. I believe that the 2017 GC had one under the front seat. I was hoping that the so-called second battery was an auxiliary battery rather than the necessary ESS one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My Silverado has a secondary auxiliary battery/relay controller for less than 1/5 of the price of the Genesis dual kit.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
My Silverado has a secondary auxiliary battery/relay controller for less than 1/5 of the price of the Genesis dual kit.
Yeah, you can buy an isolator and wire your own for a lot less if you know what you're doing.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I dread when the time comes to replace the secondary battery. I bet there's 2 shop hours labor plus the cost of the battery. Wish they would have thought through placement a bit more.
Sponsored