OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
So the Jeep needing an alignment sent all the electronics haywire...?

Typical Fiat electricals...
That's why I had no idea what was going on.

Maybe someone else knows better- but I don't see why having a misalignment would require disable cruise control and adaptive cruise control especially... And Start/Stop either?

Sure, put up the traction/stability control warning message and play the warning chime over the speakers to get your attention - but why disable all the other stuff?

Well, learning experience!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing how FCA has been operating since Fiat merged with Chrysler, my take is this:

JL was designed, approved and developed. But along the way, someone said “oh, we must add ACC and forward collision warning to be competitive.” So the team had to stop, go back, and rewire everything to accommodate ACC and forward collision. Then, someone came and said “oh, the LED headlights should have halos.” So once again, they had to rejigger the electrical system to accommodate LEDs with halos. And so forth.

JL launched 18 months behind schedule: it was supposed to come out in time for 2017 model year. That get pushed back to 2018 model year, and then pushed back again six months. Even after all that, the first JLs came with poorly welded frames, sloppy steering and dead electronics. A few even caught fire sitting right outside the plant.

It is no wonder that the electronics on these things are so freaking fragile.

But, apparently, it is the exact same if you buy a Ford or a Land Rover.

Speaking of which, Bronco is already 2 years behind schedule. I wonder what that means...

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Speaking of which, Bronco is already 2 years behind schedule. I wonder what that means...
It takes awhile to stuff that much awesome in a vehicle.

or

Sasquatch is demanding to renegotiate the deal for using his name.

or

The Ford marketing team is taking longer than expected to craft a "solid axles suck" campaign.

or

FCA paid Ford to delay so they can retrofit an 11" display on the JL Mk2 and have Nigel Tufnel as a spokesperson.
Sponsored