First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

The rubber isolators are stock. The carrier has enough adjustment to get the tire snug against the tailgate. It's not so much that the tire is bouncing around at the mounting point. It is a very snug fit. It's the lack of strength in the stock hinges that allows for sag and movement of the entire assembly. It's fine for driving around town, but I'm not confident wheeling with it like that.
Ah, okay. Good to know. Thank you.

It would be nice if someone made the Exogate for the JL. I use it on my LJ to carry a 35" tire on the stock tailgate and it works great!

I guess we all get to wait for someone to come out with hinge replacements.
Sponsored

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
The Mopar relocation kit comes with extended snubbers for the spare. Did you have to cut them down much? What kind of backspacing do you have on your wheels?

I have a 2 door Rubi on order with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement and just ordered the Mopar relocation. Seems like the Mopar relocation kit is the only one that comes with extended rubber snubbers. I guess I'll find out how well it works or doesn't when I start making changes to the jeep.
I didn't use the extended "snubbers" that came with the mopar bracket. They're not needed with the Teraflex carrier. You can adjust the tire all the way back against the stock ones.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, okay. Good to know. Thank you.

It would be nice if someone made the Exogate for the JL. I use it on my LJ to carry a 35" tire on the stock tailgate and it works great!

I guess we all get to wait for someone to come out with hinge replacements.
I'm going with the @Maximus-3 tire carrier. Just waiting for them to release it. The wait is excruciating. I have a bunch of other things to do but need to get the tire carrier sorted first. It's also messing with my wheeling trips i have planned.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with the @Maximus-3 tire carrier. Just waiting for them to release it. The wait is excruciating. I have a bunch of other things to do but need to get the tire carrier sorted first. It's also messing with my wheeling trips i have planned.
I will check theirs out.

I am planning to run a 35" tire to get me through the Topless for Tatas ride at Rausch Creek in August. Hopefully the Mopar stuff will handle that without the tailgate sagging. Will move up to 37s sometime after that in preparation for a Moab trip next year. Will really need to get the spare situation handled by then.

I understand about the waiting ... I'm not very patient, so the wait is brutal!

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will check theirs out.

I am planning to run a 35" tire to get me through the Topless for Tatas ride at Rausch Creek in August. Hopefully the Mopar stuff will handle that without the tailgate sagging. Will move up to 37s sometime after that in preparation for a Moab trip next year. Will really need to get the spare situation handled by then.

I understand about the waiting ... I'm not very patient, so the wait is brutal!
You may be fine with a 35 depending on how heavy it is.

I am supposed to go Rausch Creek in a couple of weeks. Even contemplating running a tramp stamp spare delete just so I can go. Not having a spare also makes me uncomfortable though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some dispersed camping in the Allegheny National Forest this past weekend. Got to test out the new storage setup, which worked out really well. I'm extremely happy with it. Had some fun on the fire roads and even found an unmarked trail to play on. I've got a bunch of other shit to add to the Jeep. Just waiting on the rear tire carrier. Can't do much until that is on.

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2931.JPG

Murphy's first time camping. I think he had some fun.
IMG_2913.JPG

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How would you rate the on-road driveability with 37s? How's highway driving? Seems like the wheelbase is too short to make 37s easy to drive.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2dr Rubi with 37s here. Perfect on the highway.
Good to know. I plan to drive my 2 door to Moab but was debating sticking with 35s or going to 37s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Genright bumper looks great. I really like their aluminum stuff.
Thanks. I’m really digging it as well. It’s pricey but well worth it. The quality is top notch.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. I plan to drive my 2 door to Moab but was debating sticking with 35s or going to 37s.
Have to agree with @mlebofsky the 37’s drive great on the road. Even on the 2 door. I was a bit surprised. It still drives better than my JKU on 35’s.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have to agree with @mlebofsky the 37’s drive great on the road. Even on the 2 door. I was a bit surprised. It still drives better than my JKU on 35’s.
Interesting. I run 37s on my JKU, but it's been regeared. I don't have any issues driving it all over the place ... aside from the tire noise but even then, I don't really hear it anymore.

Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Genright Rear Bumper installed along with a couple of other goodies - EVO Skidplate, Rancho Glide Plate, and the Artec Rear Plate relocator (still need to wire the lights).

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

I've got to get rid of that Rancho Red. Just not my thing.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I've pretty much had this build planned before I even ordered the jeep. Although I've wavered a few times after seeing other builds, I keep coming back to the original plan. Hope you enjoy, find some inspiration from it, and hopefully learn a few things too.

I'm a form and function type of guy. Everything I add to my Jeep needs to aesthetically pleasing (subjective I know) and also functional. The ultimate goal is part-time overlander, most-time daily driver, and most importantly, built to handle the rugged terrain of the forest moon of Endor. ;)

I ordered my 2019 2 Door Rubicon in January and 3 weeks later took delivery.
IMG_2542.JPG

Drove it stock for 3k miles. Wheeled it stock at Windrock, All while amassing parts for the build and waiting for the warmer weather to allow me to wrench on it. Which brings us here.

PHASE 1a: Lift/Wheels/Tires

Dynatrac Endurosport 2" Lift
17 x 9 -12 Method MR312 Wheels
37 x 12.5 Cooper STT Pro Tires

Tires on the ground just after install and without the spare...
IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

Lets talk lift height. The Dynatrac lift is not 2 door specific. It's the same kit for both 2 and 4 door. Here are my lift heights with and without the spare tire on.

Front: 2 1/4"
Rear: 2 1/2" (with spare) 3" (without spare)

I'll re-measure next weekend to see if the springs settle out a bit. Here is with the spare installed.
IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

I know just about everyone loves their lift after they install it no matter the brand. I'm no exception. I'm very pleased with it on the road. It's a little bit stiffer than stock, which I like and feel is needed to handle the extra weight of the 37's, but still extremely comfortable to drive both around town and on the highway. I'll leave it at that for my initial impressions and report back periodically. I'll be testing it out off-road next month.
Stock front lca?
Im thinking about doing the rock krawler stock mod and fox shocks, similar to yours
Sponsored