Sponsored

Sand hallow

rawgeezy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL UNLIMITED
Hey Jeepers,
I will be going to sand hallow in April and wanted some insight on trails I’d be able to run with a JL sport 33” tires, rubicon take off suspension and a RC 2.5” budget boost. I don’t have a winch and will be out there with only my rig. Any advice is appreciated
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks hopefully @mgroeger is able to help out
First of all it's called Sand Hollow... not hallow... it's not sacred... LOL!!! Just busting on you :)

Let me know when you are here and I'd be glad to take you out on a trail. As for your question, West Rim is a great trail for your rig because every obstacle has a bypass so you can make the trail as easy or difficult as you want. Milt's Mile would probably be doable with the bypasses as well. I don't know your skill level of wheeling so be mindful of what you are comfortable with if you go out alone. Don't forget to air down to at least 15 psi a little lower would be better. We run at 9 psi but that's with beadlocks.
Without lockers and on 33s is going to keep you off things like Double Sammy, Triple 7, The Maze and the like. East Rim trail is a scenic trail from what I'm told but I've never done it.
The trails I've done tend to be more on the harder side because we are built for them but you can still have fun out there with your rig.
I would recommend checking out Dixie 4 Wheel's website for trail descriptions and download their Avenza Sand Hollow map overlay for free and also download the free Avenza app to read it. You can also google Trail Hero and look at their trail descriptions. There is so much I haven't done and discovered yet because there is so much to do here.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
First of all it's called Sand Hollow... not hallow... it's not sacred... LOL!!! Just busting on you :)

Let me know when you are here and I'd be glad to take you out on a trail. As for your question, West Rim is a great trail for your rig because every obstacle has a bypass so you can make the trail as easy or difficult as you want. Milt's Mile would probably be doable with the bypasses as well. I don't know your skill level of wheeling so be mindful of what you are comfortable with if you go out alone. Don't forget to air down to at least 15 psi a little lower would be better. We run at 9 psi but that's with beadlocks.
Without lockers and on 33s is going to keep you off things like Double Sammy, Triple 7, The Maze and the like. East Rim trail is a scenic trail from what I'm told but I've never done it.
The trails I've done tend to be more on the harder side because we are built for them but you can still have fun out there with your rig.
I would recommend checking out Dixie 4 Wheel's website for trail descriptions and download their Avenza Sand Hollow map overlay for free and also download the free Avenza app to read it. You can also google Trail Hero and look at their trail descriptions. There is so much I haven't done and discovered yet because there is so much to do here.
Damn im gonna have to hit you up next time i go out there, i was flying blind and solo last year lol

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Damn im gonna have to hit you up next time i go out there, i was flying blind and solo last year lol
Just ping me here with a PM when you are ready!

OP
OP
rawgeezy33

rawgeezy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL UNLIMITED

Lol. My bad on hallow/hollow. I’ll blame in spellcheck for now. Thanks for the feedback. We will be arriving on Friday April 23rd. I may hit you up on that offer to meet up possibly that Friday afternoon/evening. Thanks for all the information. I’ll be going on Dixie website and downloading the maps. Thanks again

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ha!!! I’ve seen him on YouTube
He's literally 4 mins down the road from my house, I'll drive you by so you can take a pick... lol.