Sponsored

Sahara 2018 purchase advice

Jeep_life123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISO Jeep
Hi all! Long time lurker. I am looking for some price advice on a Jeep I am interested in purchasing. It is New 2018 Sahara with 12k miles on it. It was a company demo used by one person (so they say). Offering just below 37k OTD with an MSRP of ~50k.

Do you think this is a fair priced for being new with that many miles? Or do think I can get a better deal?

Includes:
-8.4 uconnect
-alpine stereo
-cold weather group
-proximity keyless entry
-safety group
-leather
-v6
-auto
-black hard top
-led lights
-trailer tow
-anti-spin differential
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepg1rl69

First Name
River
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited saraha JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all! Long time lurker. I am looking for some price advice on a Jeep I am interested in purchasing. It is New 2018 Sahara with 12k miles on it. It was a company demo used by one person (so they say). Offering just below 37k OTD with an MSRP of ~50k. I have not test driven it yet but I wanted some advice on the numbers. Thank you.
Includes:
-8.4 uconnect
-alpine stereo
-cold weather group
-proximity keyless entry
-safety group
-leather
-v6
-auto
-black hard top
-led lights
-trailer tow
-anti-spin differential
I just bought the 2019 JL Sahara and I have everything that you were looking for but mind you mine was 62,000 but if you’re looking for a year or two year old Jeep you should be able to get it for 45K

OP
OP

Jeep_life123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISO Jeep
I just bought the 2019 JL Sahara and I have everything that you were looking for but mind you mine was 62,000 but if you’re looking for a year or two year old Jeep you should be able to get it for 45K
It would be new with 12k on it (company demo never titled) . Asking 37k OTD

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
People have gotten similar leftover 18s new for 38-40k. I wouldn't pay that much for a used vehicle personally. 34-35 is more appropiate IMO.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm assuming that this is a JLU. If so, the $37k OTD price is very fair.

Sponsored

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
I think it i a fair price since full warranty is applied from the day you title it (assuming never titled).

OP
OP

Jeep_life123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISO Jeep
I think it i a fair price since full warranty is applied from the day you title it (assuming never titled).
Car has not been titled. It was a demo. I had just assumed but want to check I understand this...the warranty would start when I purchase it but wouldn’t 12k of the warranty be gone?

So bumper to bumper would be 3 years but I would have 24k miles left vs the 36k?

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
No you would have the whole 36 month warranty if never titled. Warranty starts the day it is sold (titled).

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Check on the warranty. If you get 3 years or an additional 36k miles from today, I think that is a fair price. Of course, a “demo” means a demo..... which is short for demonstration .... which means likely many feet on the pedals.....I don’t believe the “one person only drove it and it was only driven to church on sundays and never above 35 mph” BS.

The further good news is that you can likely take it on an extended test drive (a day) and make sure that it drives well, tracks straight, doesn’t wander, etc....... that’s a plus.....

OP
OP

Jeep_life123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISO Jeep
Check on the warranty. If you get 3 years or an additional 36k miles from today, I think that is a fair price. Of course, a “demo” means a demo..... which is short for demonstration .... which means likely many feet on the pedals.....I don’t believe the “one person only drove it and it was only driven to church on sundays and never above 35 mph” BS.

The further good news is that you can likely take it on an extended test drive (a day) and make sure that it drives well, tracks straight, doesn’t wander, etc....... that’s a plus.....
Thank you both I will check. Also note that the OTD price does not include the sales tax. Wasn’t sure if anyone assumed it did...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep_life123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISO Jeep
No you would have the whole 36 month warranty if never titled. Warranty starts the day it is sold (titled).

*UPDATE. They said that the 12k counts towards warranty but the time starts on purchase. Is this the norm? I drive a lot so miles matter.

I have the car on extended test drive right now. First impressions on looks and specs is great. Steering is lighter then I am used to and on highway does not seem to wander much.

Anyone have any additional recommendations? With the 12k counting towards warranty do you still think this is a fair price?

Thank you very much for your help

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I believe that's a fair price. You've got warranty and great additions, PLUS its a Sahara....:)
Sponsored