Sponsored

RV Towing wiring Harness

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your order. We achieved or even exceeded our objectives to have this kit solve the problems that have historically plagued Tow Wiring solutions in the past. We would have liked the opportunity to make the kit plug & play but Jeep really didn't provide opportunities to do that with literally no connectors in-between the BCM and the lights. No doubt there will be generic diode-based kits available but these connections are not plug & play and are typically made outside the Jeep exposed to the weather and usually not with the best of connectors. Our connections are inside of the Jeep in a neat and tidy area. We provide you the color codes and locations of the wires - and ask you to validate before installing. The wires are right in front of you, so you will not have to be upside down in the footwell with your feet dangling in the air! I promise. Our connections are expensive, heat shrink butt connectors, and we've already done one side for you. Honestly, we believe most of our kits will be self-installed and we've certainly done everything possible to make it as easy and straightforward as possible.
Hi. Do we need this kit if we ordered the tow package with our Rubicon? I'm learning... We used to tow our Sequoia, unhook the driveshaft. Pain in the ass..
Sponsored

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the tow package you bought for your JL has nothing to do with towing it behind your motorhome. It gives you the lighting connector, hitch and heavy duty alternator for pulling a trailer behind the jeep.

As with your sequoia, you will need a front hitch bracket or tow capable aftermarket bumper, light solution (like one cool tech is selling or magnetic rear lights) and an auxiliary braking system.

Good news is you won’t have to disconnect your driveshaft....

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Boy Howdy! It was a humbling experience and a win-win for both the customer and us! For the kits we sent out prior to the instruction updates, we have already emailed those customers and included a pdf file of the new update. Keep in mind, there was nothing catastrophic with Rev 1, but Rev 2 includes some nice tips. In short, if you haven't received an email from us, your kit will come with Rev 2!
Yes you did. Got my email over the weekend. Kit should be here this week per tracking. Thanks for being awesome!

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Absolutely. As soon as we have the first kits ready I will ping you and also ask for your feedback. We're putting our 10+ years of experience of working with JK harnesses toward a second-to none design for the JL!
Very good as I'm thinking of towing my JL for the first time.

TXsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SS
Just towed mine 500 miles without issue. My CoolTech harness should be here Thurs...

Sponsored

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
What kind of Base plate for tow vehicle are you guys using? I will have a Rubi with winch. Some base plates are saying without winch. I'm looking for all the information i can find... thanks

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Search flat tow on the forum and there’s some suggestions.
I modified the factory still bumper with blue ox tabs. Another poster modified the curry paste play for a JK. More details in the flat tow thread.

63F874A1-4399-473D-ABD9-BC2363BA3CB3.jpeg

5F059B3A-D86D-4435-A4A8-CF6CE3C4780A.jpeg

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Corrections.Steel bumper. Currie base plate.

Sponsored

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just finished about a 200 mile tow and it worked perfect with my modified factory steel front bumper on my JLUR.

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk