Who is using the Curt Custom Towed-Vehicle RV Wiring Harness for flat towing on a JL?

davewald

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I know this harness has been mentioned in several posts, but I wanted to find information from someone who has (1) actually installed one, and (2) has enough experience towing with it to give a meaningful review. I am setting up my '21 JLR up for flat towing, and have reached the stage where I need to commit to a lighting solution. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I put it on my JL, it works great. The hardest part is just snaking the power lead to the battery. I tow my JL with a Rockjock towplate on the JL and a Readybrute Elite II tow bar with a built in surge brake. I put a tow hitch on the JL too and used the Curt harness for that. It’s plugged in in-line with the taillight plugs.

Cliebold

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited sport
Captain skip. I too just installed the curt on my 2018. Question what power wire are you referring to. Mine just had the 4 wire ribbon with the 4 wire connection. Also noted a third connector on the left rear which is not connected to anything. Do you know what that is for? And thirdly why doesn’t the 3rd brake lite operate.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement