Flat towing wiring harness

Prickly Pear

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara, 2013 Lincoln Navigator, 2010 Ram 2500
My new JL Sahara has blind spot and cross traffic sonar with LED lights. I recently purchased a Roadmaster wiring harness for flat towing from Etrailer and took it to my local 4 wheel drive shop. They installed it. Now, my blind spot/cross traffic sonar indicators aren't working. I took it to the local dealer and they won't touch it because they say I modified the wiring harness. Any ideas about what's gone wrong?
Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
There is no "flat tow harness" available for the JL as of date sold by eTrailer. Removal of the harness at the tail lights are in order to hopefully restore the "sonar". Good luck and keep us posted.

Sleblanc63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlUR 2.0L
Occupation
RV driver, wife annoyer and grand kid spoiler.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I didn’t want to dork with diodes when I wired my Honda CRV, so I bought a light kit from etrailer where I added separate bulbs into the tail light assembly. A bit more work on the install, but I liked the end result.

I don’t see a similar product for Jeeps, but I did find this. They are two magnetic lights that work off a transmitter that plugs into the tow vehicle. No working required.
https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiring/Jeep/JL+Wrangler/2018/NV-5164.html?vehicleID=201869123

Sleblanc63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlUR 2.0L
Occupation
RV driver, wife annoyer and grand kid spoiler.
I didn’t want to dork with diodes when I wired my Honda CRV, so I bought a light kit from etrailer where I added separate bulbs into the tail light assembly. A bit more work on the install, but I liked the end result.

I don’t see a similar product for Jeeps, but I did find this. They are two magnetic lights that work off a transmitter that plugs into the tow vehicle. No working required.
https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiring/Jeep/JL+Wrangler/2018/NV-5164.html?vehicleID=201869123
Sweet. The wire is a pain. I bought the wired set for use on my current, soon to be previous, MINI toad. The Wind blown wire chaffed the paint in a few spots even though I tied them off. So I had the diodes done... now I’m selling it ... ha

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Sweet. The wire is a pain. I bought the wired set for use on my current, soon to be previous, MINI toad. The Wind blown wire chaffed the paint in a few spots even though I tied them off. So I had the diodes done... now I’m selling it ... ha

Oh yea, learned the wires flapping in the wind lesson the hard way on my Murano’s paint job. Completely forgot about that

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
My new JL Sahara has blind spot and cross traffic sonar with LED lights. I recently purchased a Roadmaster wiring harness for flat towing from Etrailer and took it to my local 4 wheel drive shop. They installed it. Now, my blind spot/cross traffic sonar indicators aren't working. I took it to the local dealer and they won't touch it because they say I modified the wiring harness. Any ideas about what's gone wrong?
I am getting ready to purchase a wiring harness. Did you ever find out about the correct wiring harness?

Thank you
Sponsored