SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone Running Rusty's JL Wrangler 2" Basic Kit? I did not see Rusty's mentioned in the lift master list thread.

This is my first Jeep thus my first lift. Done a ton of reading on these forums to educate myself.

Their springs are made by Eibach which I understand are very good.

Kit comes with front and rear trackbars but Im planning to go with Steer Smarts front and rear track bars as I like the adjustable collar which does not require having to disconnect the track bar to adjust..

Rusty's kit also comes with adjustable LCAs and front and rear sway bar links and new front spring isolators. Very competitively priced at $900.

I called them to get more information and their customer service was very receptive to all my questions. Spent 30 minutes on the phone!

Anyone have experience with this kit?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's JL Wrangler 2" Basic Kit 1643589520511
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I can't vouch for the quality of their kits, but I've not heard anything bad. I will say that I wouldn't bother with the Steer Smart track bars. They'll only save you about 15 minutes of time and make your wallet considerably lighter. Track bar setting is "one and done".

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Rustys Kit seem to be way more popular on the JL Facebook Group forums than on here. The owner of the company frequents the groups and will answer your questions if he sees them. I've only heard good reviews from people who bought them.

I plan on trying their 3.75" advanced kit when I get my Jeep.

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rustys Kit seem to be way more popular on the JL Facebook Group forums than on here. The owner of the company frequents the groups and will answer your questions if he sees them. I've only heard good reviews from people who bought them.

I plan on trying their 3.75" advanced kit when I get my Jeep.
I've noticed that too. I see he frequently replies to comments or questions.

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't vouch for the quality of their kits, but I've not heard anything bad. I will say that I wouldn't bother with the Steer Smart track bars. They'll only save you about 15 minutes of time and make your wallet considerably lighter. Track bar setting is "one and done".
I did not think about if from that perspective being you set it once and that all. Thanks for that advice

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the Steer Smarts track bars. Probably the best built part on my jeep. I wouldn't want to buy the same parts twice though because they're not cheap.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I've noticed that too. I see he frequently replies to comments or questions.
Which Facebook group is this?

I've had the pleasure of wheeling with Rusty a few times. He is a great guy who takes his products out and pushes them on the trails. I will be adding some Rustys parts on my new 22 build.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel

I've had the pleasure of wheeling with Rusty a few times. He is a great guy who takes his products out and pushes them on the trails. I will be adding some Rustys parts on my new 22 build.
Search Facebook for:
Jeep Wrangler JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners 2018+
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners Group
Jeep Wrangler JL & JT Eco-Diesel (if you have a diesel)

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Facebook group - Jeep Wrangler JL-No BS