Sponsored

Clayton Offroad 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit, 4DRJL. Anybody on it?

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
Looking at Claytons 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit to put on my 2018 3.6L JLUR. I’d like to move up to 35s now that my original 33s are about worn down. Will be staying on my stock rims and simply wish to keep things “just as they are” as I’m happy with the way my rig handles on road and offroad on moderate rough tech trails with camping gear but want the benefit of the looks and a bit more ground clearance on the 35s without any significant height gain. Anyone try out this basic lift?
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Looking at Claytons 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit to put on my 2018 3.6L JLUR. I’d like to move up to 35s now that my original 33s are about worn down. Will be staying on my stock rims and simply wish to keep things “just as they are” as I’m happy with the way my rig handles on road and offroad on moderate rough tech trails with camping gear but want the benefit of the looks and a bit more ground clearance on the 35s without any significant height gain. Anyone try out this basic lift?
This is a new kit just now coming out. Likely not to have any reviews yet. BUT the kit is pretty much the same as their others just shorter springs is all. @Clayton Off Road gets great reviews however and is a quality kit. There are other posts regarding the 2.5" kits you can check out.

OP
OP
WildBlue

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
This is a new kit just now coming out. Likely not to have any reviews yet. BUT the kit is pretty much the same as their others just shorter springs is all. @Clayton Off Road gets great reviews however and is a quality kit. There are other posts regarding the 2.5" kits you can check out.
Thanks… Nothing like coming to the party too early…. No wonder I couldn’t find any info.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Although this is a brand new kit for us, it uses the same exact components found in our already existing systems, just with slightly shorter coil springs this time around :) You can expect the same great quality, American-made, and enhanced performance our suspension systems always offer! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all, we're always happy to help!

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Although this is a brand new kit for us, it uses the same exact components found in our already existing systems, just with slightly shorter coil springs this time around :) You can expect the same great quality, American-made, and enhanced performance our suspension systems always offer! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all, we're always happy to help!
@ClaytonOffRoad What shocks do you recommend with this kit for general overlanding use? I've had Fox 2.0s before and liked them well enough, although something a bit more robust would be nice.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@ClaytonOffRoad What shocks do you recommend with this kit for general overlanding use? I've had Fox 2.0s before and liked them well enough, although something a bit more robust would be nice.
Fox 2.0 shocks are a great option if you're looking for something not too soft, not too stiff, and works well as a daily driver set up. Falcon shocks will offer a little bit more performance and tend to run slightly firmer for a more sporty feel.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Keep in mind because it is new springs and all, it may change the feel of how it drives(you mentioned you like how it drove now). Have you considered a simple coil spacer lift? Granted for the most part it's just a cosmetic change, it is much cheaper and it will preserve its current characteristics. Just a thought.
I installed one and while I didn't put 35s on it, I easily could and it has worked out great.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Double check with @Clayton Off Road about running stock wheels with the 1.5". I just installed the 2.5" Overland + and my stock wheels rubbed against the sway links. I had to purchase wheel spacers until I broke down a week later and purchased some new 17x8.5's with 4.75" backspacing. Here is what the 2.5" looks like with both stock (rear) and small 35's (front, 315/70's) (obviously I am not running the Jeep with this pictured setup, it was taken for illustrative purposes).

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Offroad 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit, 4DRJL.  Anybody on it? IMG_1637

OP
OP
WildBlue

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Double check with @Clayton Off Road about running stock wheels with the 1.5". I just installed the 2.5" Overland + and my stock wheels rubbed against the sway links. I had to purchase wheel spacers until I broke down a week later and purchased some new 17x8.5's with 4.75" backspacing. Here is what the 2.5" looks like with both stock (rear) and small 35's (front, 315/70's) (obviously I am not running the Jeep with this pictured setup, it was taken for illustrative purposes).

IMG_1637.jpeg
Thanks for the feedback. Good thoughts…. I did reach out to Clayton to ask about the 1.5 ride rite lift. I communicated with Dustin (sales manager) who stated regarding the Ride Rite 1.5 “We do not recommend this kit to go off roading with.” He directed me to look specifically at the 1.5” Overland kit to meet my requirements. My initial interest in the Ride Rite was its $ price point for getting a reputable lift slightly above stock. Now I know…

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. Good thoughts…. I did reach out to Clayton to ask about the 1.5 ride rite lift. I communicated with Dustin (sales manager) who stated regarding the Ride Rite 1.5 “We do not recommend this kit to go off roading with.” He directed me to look specifically at the 1.5” Overland kit to meet my requirements. My initial interest in the Ride Rite was its $ price point for getting a reputable lift slightly above stock. Now I know…
Looks like the Clayton Website does state, "4.75 backspacing recommended" for the Jeep Wrangler 1.5" OVERLAND+ Lift Kit 2018+, JL.

I could not drive my Jeep until the spacers arrived, so be prepared, just in case.... That was literally the only issue I had with the install.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The Ride Right kit is of course just as capable and more than your stock suspension for off-road use, it's just not a kit we typically recommend for hardcore rock crawling as it was mainly intended to be the ultimate entry-level lift kit system, something that's a step above something like the Mopar kit. The Ride Right kit is intended for somebody looking to properly lift the vehicle to fit a set of larger tires, maintain proper geometry for smooth driving, but does not plan on taking it on the most advanced trails. Bump stops can always be added to the kit to make it a little more off-road capable, and this kit is fully upgradeable to our Overland Plus suspension system if you want to upgrade over time to be able to get to some of the more difficult trails in the future. Hopefully that helps clear that up :like:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like the Clayton Website does state, "4.75 backspacing recommended" for the Jeep Wrangler 1.5" OVERLAND+ Lift Kit 2018+, JL.

I could not drive my Jeep until the spacers arrived, so be prepared, just in case.... That was literally the only issue I had with the install.
4.75 definitely is the sweet spot for our lifts as you don't get too much wheel poke and absolutely no rubbing. Rubicon models are able to push it a little further around the low 5's without rubbing as well due to the wider axles :)
Sponsored