OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
Looked good straightened up. Didn’t know what joints rusty used. I would however flip it around so the bend allows more clearance. When you air down you’ll want as much room as possible. Rusty didn’t send anything for the bump stops? Get something there before flexing it out or else your tires will end up in the fenders.

Another thing we do when installing a lift that size is bend those rear brake brackets to the right (passenger side for example) up about 35° degrees or so. Will give it a lot more room when flexing. Also take out the parking brake cable bracket and reroute the cables so they don’t get in a bind.

Looks good

Brett
How does this look? All it needed was to loosen the jamnut and rotate it towards the body more. I honestly appreciate you pointing this out. Was a small fix but I clearly had it wrong.

MVIMG_20190712_154117.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
How does this look? All it needed was to loosen the jamnut and rotate it towards the body more. I honestly appreciate you pointing this out. Was a small fix but I clearly had it wrong.

MVIMG_20190712_154117.jpg
Looks good. That brake line bracket is the one you want to grab and bend up. I get them parallel to the control arm so it matches but that’s just something I do

Brett

OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. That brake line bracket is the one you want to grab and bend up. I get them parallel to the control arm so it matches but that’s just something I do

Brett
Ahh, now I understand. The bracket is of a very soft metal, I bent it with my hand. Or perhaps I'm just that manly. This look right? Outstanding tip, thank you.

MVIMG_20190712_164153.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Ahh, now I understand. The bracket is of a very soft metal, I bent it with my hand. Or perhaps I'm just that manly. This look right? Outstanding tip, thank you.

MVIMG_20190712_164153.jpg
That’s exactly right! Just gives you a little more room on the lines

Brett

OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went offroad for the first time since the lift, no issues, performed even better than expected. I'm a paranoid person and every time I went up a steep incline, fell into a rut or really anything, I was crazily listening for something to be off or feel wrong. Nothing. Was a great feeling to drive for an hour at 80 mph, go wheeling, then drive 80mph home with no problems.

To be fair the stock Rubicon easily did the same trails, inclines ect that the lifted one did. Its just that its so effortless now with large tires and extra wheel travel. Where before I'd bottom out the stock suspension, this one just cruised over obstacles as though there weren't there. I'm gonna have to double down and get even crazier to challenge this thing. Its capabilities obviously far, far outweigh mine.

I took my whole family with me, they all loved it. It really is a shame that most people with Jeeps never try doing this sort of thing. If you haven't, do it, you're missing out. I don't have any crazy action shots from today, but did get this one at the end. The Jeep and Rusty's Advanced kit did not disappoint, very happy so far.

MVIMG_20190714_115503.jpg

Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
@morricus hey could you comment on a long term review? Looking to get the 2” lift kit from rusry’s but would like some feedback in the quality of the parts and how it feels on the highway.
Thanks in advance

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I would love to get some feedback on Rusty's lift. I see tons of users on Facebook groups but not much here. Wonder whats the reason behind it.

Sponsored

Enrico Pavia

First Name
Enrico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
@morricus I just put in my order for the 3.75" Rusty's Advanced Kit. What Forged ends did you go with and how are you liking them?