Rubicon vs. High Altitude Help

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
This is very easy, since you live in Denver and have a fair amount of snow get the Sahara with the Limited Slip rear diff. this will give you the best traction control and will run circles around a Rubicon as lockers and snow (unless fresh deep snow) are useless. You see with Lockers that is a solid axel in that both wheels turn at the same speed, lockers when you turn they bind causing one to break loose. Lockers are primarily for driving straight lines not making turns. Whereas the LSD diff when you main traction when your power wheel brakes loose it kicks in the opposite wheel so both rear wheels have power. Also you can always add a locker to the front axel of a Sahara and have a very capable 4x4. I would only suggest a Rubicon if you planned to to do technical off road or hardcore rock climbing. By the way the beauty of a Sahara is you can make it look any way you want here is my 2018 JL Sahara

Alta 1.jpg
On the 4Xe the Rubicon cones with 4WD Auto and you can run it 100% of the tome
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
On the 4Xe the Rubicon cones with 4WD Auto and you can run it 100% of the tome
It is not 4wd there is only 1 power wheel per axel. And in snow unless you have the LSD rear when one wheel loses traction the other wheel is dead. This is why Wranglers are not very good in snow on the roads unlike so many all wheel drive cars. Do not be fooled by the term 4WD the Wrangler is not unless you have lockers engaged however those are dangerous on the road. My All wheel drive tesla does better than the wrangler in the snow

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
It is not 4wd there is only 1 power wheel per axel. And in snow unless you have the LSD rear when one wheel loses traction the other wheel is dead. This is why Wranglers are not very good in snow on the roads unlike so many all wheel drive cars. Do not be fooled by the term 4WD the Wrangler is not unless you have lockers engaged however those are dangerous on the road. My All wheel drive tesla does better than the wrangler in the snow
So you are saying that the wrangler is not truly a 4WD unless locker are engaged?
Sponsored