Sponsored

High Altitude 4xe FUEL DOOR "BODY-COLORED"

Stealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Does anyone know where or how to find the "Body–Color Power Lock Fuel Filler Door" equipped with the Hige Altitude? I have 4xe Rubicon white and I want to switch the colored fuel door. I went to the dealer but they couldn't find it for me.
Thanks!!

IMG_8951.jpg
Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Does anyone know where or how to find the "Body–Color Power Lock Fuel Filler Door" equipped with the Hige Altitude? I have 4xe Rubicon white and I want to switch the colored fuel door. I went to the dealer but they couldn't find it for me.
Thanks!!

Jeep Wrangler JL High Altitude 4xe FUEL DOOR "BODY-COLORED" IMG_8951
I already have a white High Altitude 4xe but if it were me, then I would have my paint store mix up a can of color matched paint and spray my existing door. Then clear it with their 2 part clear coat. That stuff sprays so nice out of the can. Lays down gloss like butter.

Spray Max 2K High Gloss Finish Clear Coat Spray Paint | Car Parts and Repair Refinishing Clear Coat for Permanent Sealing of Coated Surfaces | 3680061 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043B7UQ...abc_PE2XRBS05Z6PQVMC811Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I already have a white High Altitude 4xe but if it were me, then I would have my paint store mix up a can of color matched paint and spray my existing door. Then clear it with their 2 part clear coat. That stuff sprays so nice out of the can. Lays down gloss like butter.

Spray Max 2K High Gloss Finish Clear Coat Spray Paint | Car Parts and Repair Refinishing Clear Coat for Permanent Sealing of Coated Surfaces | 3680061 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043B7UQ...abc_PE2XRBS05Z6PQVMC811Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
@Stealth , is your existing fuel door a smooth painted finish or is it injection molded black plastic?
If smooth, then just scuff the surface with a scotchbrite pad and spray it the new color. If it's injection molded then you will have to spray it with some high build primer and adhesive promoter which might end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Usually, the parts counter will have a replacement part but they usually need to be color matched. I don't know how Jeep does it but most other manufacturers have spare body parts in a "ready to paint" status. You might need to ask the collision department at your dealership for the part number. I am sure they would be able to find it for you.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Stealth

Stealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
@Stealth , is your existing fuel door a smooth painted finish or is it injection molded black plastic?
If smooth, then just scuff the surface with a scotchbrite pad and spray it the new color. If it's injection molded then you will have to spray it with some high build primer and adhesive promoter which might end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Usually, the parts counter will have a replacement part but they usually need to be color matched. I don't know how Jeep does it but most other manufacturers have spare body parts in a "ready to paint" status. You might need to ask the collision department at your dealership for the part number. I am sure they would be able to find it for you.

Hope this helps.
My Fuel door is not smooth and looks textured like a steel bumper.
Yes, the information is helped me.
Thanks!