Rubicon Take Offs Worth It?

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I hate to tell you this but I ran into the deal of the century. My offer up notification went off for Rubicon Wheels. The address was close to me. I got in touch with this guy who's friend just bought a Rubicon and swapped out the wheels immediately so they are New. And here's the spoiler....... How much do you want for them? He said " My friend just said get what you can, is $600 too much? I said, I live around the corner from you and can be there in 5 minutes with $500. He didn't even hesitate. Ok.. They look good. The deals are out there but you got to be quick, E bays good too... Got all 5!!!!
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
yea the rubi take offs are cool if you are not wanting to upgrade to beadlock wheels

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a set on Craigslist for $800 and sold my stock wheels/tires for $500. Great deal for sure

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I kept my stock wheels, come trade in time they are going back on. Brand new..

gregg3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Night and day change.

congrats. That looks really good. Your Jeep, your way.... but, IMO, kill those plastic running boards for some slider step rails of your choice and you will become one of the following:
1) an instant chick slayer
2) the coolest dad in town
3) the guy everybody wants to have a beer with
4) all of the above.
Haha, I have a very similar setup of wheels/ tires. I never even thought about the plastic running board but now thanks to you I am. Can you share pics or a link of what you are thinking in terms of slider step rails? Thanks.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I hate to tell you this but I ran into the deal of the century. My offer up notification went off for Rubicon Wheels. The address was close to me. I got in touch with this guy who's friend just bought a Rubicon and swapped out the wheels immediately so they are New. And here's the spoiler....... How much do you want for them? He said " My friend just said get what you can, is $600 too much? I said, I live around the corner from you and can be there in 5 minutes with $500. He didn't even hesitate. Ok.. They look good. The deals are out there but you got to be quick, E bays good too... Got all 5!!!!
That's an exceptionally good deal around here. I gave almost that much for a set of tires only, with 19k miles on them. The shops typically ask about $1500 for a set of 5 wheel and tire takeoffs. I've seen people advertise them on this forum for $800-1000 and they don't last long. I'm also surprised that someone would buy the stock minivan tires for a reasonable price. I basically gave mine away to the tire shop that mounted my tires, but then I didn't want to advertise on Craigslist and try to sell them there. In this area it is extremely rare to see a JL with the stock minivan tires on it, everybody changes tires even if they never intend to drive off pavement.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Haha, I have a very similar setup of wheels/ tires. I never even thought about the plastic running board but now thanks to you I am. Can you share pics or a link of what you are thinking in terms of slider step rails? Thanks.
Sure thing.

I have the Roam FRAME MOUNTED rails/steps:
https://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders/

a very similar design is the LOD slider steps.
https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee.../jeep-jl-wrangler-armor-lite-rocksliders.html

the Roams have mixed reviews on this forum. rusting seems to be a big complaint but so far I don’t have issues.

LOD has this style and other style (see their website).

the roams were very straight forward to install — no drilling. I really like the look.

6C07FB92-CA6D-4FE2-886F-C31D43BBFA0A.jpeg

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
I recently sold 4 tires with less than 1K miles for $600, wheels for $300 and the suspension for $200.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I just bought a set of 2020 take offs with sensors for $1500. They had less than 100 miles. If you can find them cheaper, I'd say go for it. It's definitely a nice upgrade for a Sahara owner.
Do you need to fiddle with the speedometer when you switch to the Rubicon wheels?

Or is the reading correct?

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Do you need to fiddle with the speedometer when you switch to the Rubicon wheels?

Or is the reading correct?
The wheel is the same size as your Sahara, its the tires that matter. I think the stock Rubi's are 285 R17's and they measure about 34.5. I assume you are using a Taser to adjust your tire size and correct your speedometer.
Help me out guys if Im wrong...
Sponsored