Rubicon Take Offs Worth It?

T.Rex

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Someone is offering me wheels, tires, and suspension from a 2019 Rubicon (waiting to hear back if it was 2 or 4 door).

$1600. Taken off at 4400 miles. Does this seem like a fair price?

I have a stock 2018 JLU Sahara.
I like the idea of doing this over a lift (for now at least) as it seems much simpler and cost effective. I crawl malls like a newborn at Baby Gap, looking to start getting into some off-roading but nothing crazy, really just want a cooler look.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

Go on eBay to check it out. There are several listings of people selling their takeoff wheels and tires.

Keep in mind you won’t be paying for shipping if you pick them up; so deduct that.

Good luck.

rdalessa

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Too high. I would also check with your local dealer if they have any laying around. A lot of them build up the Rubicon's to have on display/sell at an exorbitant markup and have the take off parts laying around. I was able to get 5 brand new for 1k.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
To answer your question "is it worth it".

Well it depends, but my 2 cents:

for a 2-D Jeep. Absolutely. I think the height of the rubicon suspension on a 2-D offers the perfect balance of center of gravity vs. off road capability. The articulation going from sport to rubi is GREATLY increased, and you can easily fit 33in tires giving you great clearance and break-over angle. Can fit 35s if replacing fenders, but I think 33s is perfect, and if going 35s then I think the mopar lift is a better choice.

For a 4-D:

A lot of people do it. But I personally don't think it is worth it long term. I think the best for a 4 door is a mopar lift or similar and 35s. But you can certainly go rubi suspension, rubi fenders, and 35s, and be way better than sport.

It depends where you want to take your rig and what you want to do with it. But the rubi suspension makes for a very very capable off-roader.

If you want a mall crawler, then it doesnt matter.

Last edited:

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the others, too much. I would shop elsewhere.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I just bought a set of 2020 take offs with sensors for $1500. They had less than 100 miles. If you can find them cheaper, I'd say go for it. It's definitely a nice upgrade for a Sahara owner.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? 61947283298__94D586C2-57F8-4DF6-87A6-8E332927185C

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? 61947283298__94D586C2-57F8-4DF6-87A6-8E332927185C
Night and day change.

congrats. That looks really good. Your Jeep, your way.... but, IMO, kill those plastic running boards for some slider step rails of your choice and you will become one of the following:
1) an instant chick slayer
2) the coolest dad in town
3) the guy everybody wants to have a beer with
4) all of the above.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Night and day change.

congrats. That looks really good. Your Jeep, your way.... but, IMO, kill those plastic running boards for some slider step rails of your choice and you will become one of the following:
1) an instant chick slayer
2) the coolest dad in town
3) the guy everybody wants to have a beer with
4) all of the above.
Thanks, I've been looking at Rubi Rock Rails combined with ACE JL Rock Sliders. I need something for my 5 and 8 year old to climb into the Jeep. I'm also considering Mopar Tube Doors. I've had this thing for about a month and have at least 10-15 related accessory purchases under my belt. Love this thing. My wallet, not so much.

OP
OP

T.Rex

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thanks everyone, great info, won’t be buying

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks, I've been looking at Rubi Rock Rails combined with ACE JL Rock Sliders. I need something for my 5 and 8 year old to climb into the Jeep. I'm also considering Mopar Tube Doors. I've had this thing for about a month and have at least 10-15 related accessory purchases under my belt. Love this thing. My wallet, not so much.
Sounds like you have a plan and frankly, its Gonna look great when you’re done.
Sponsored