Rubicon Ordered (Pricing Info)

rtc1085

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I thought members might benefit from some order information. I currently own a 2012 Sahara Unlimited and just ordered a JL Rubicon Unlimited Saturday. I did extensive research before going to the dealership and went back and forth through email with 6 dealerships before I settled on what I thought was the best offer. I have found that you can quickly weed out the dealers you don't want to go to this way. Some will be straight forward with you and some give you a complete runaround...avoid those ones. If they aren't willing to give you a price before you go in, they aren't being honest with you at all. In any case, I narrowed it down to two and basically put them against each other until I had what I thought was the best offer. Here's what I got:

2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon .
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Auto Trans
- LED Lighting Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Trailer Tow/HD Electrical Group
- Safety Group
- Electronic Infotainment Group
- Black 3-Piece Hard Top
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- All-Weather Floor Mats

(Basically loaded minus leather seats and steel bumpers..you have to make cuts somewhere)

MSRP came out to be $50285. FYI, the Infotainment group is $200 more than listed on Jeep's Build & Price site.
Invoice pricing was $47406 and my final price was $45958, slightly over 3% below invoice (including destination).

I felt this was a very good price, especially considering I had other dealers that weren't even willing to go down to invoice. Of course, I always walk away feeling that I could have done better but these guys really weren't willing to budge any further. I pushed twice for $40 more for my trade to make it an even number and they wouldn't even do that. The trade offer was very good, by the way. My KBB range was 21,500-24,000 and they gave me about $23,300, which was quite a bit better than the number I had in my head going in. All-in-all, I feel I got a very fair deal. They wouldn't budge on the $493 Doc Fees but in MA, they are all in this range.

Please let me know what you think of this deal and I hope the info is helpful to others out there. So excited to get the jeep!
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations on your order!

I think anything below 1% below invoice is a great price, especially if you are happy with your trade-in value.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It looks like you did your homework and put in some work as well. That is probably the best deal you could have gotten. I’m sure you will see others that have gotten a better deal elsewhere, but you can’t really control what other dealers are willing to do. Sales volume, demographics, location, etc. all play a part.

OP
OP
rtc1085

rtc1085

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your order!

I think anything below 1% below invoice is a great price, especially if you are happy with your trade-in value.
Thanks, I agree with that. Trade makes a big part of it. It's easy to give a good price and then lowball the trade but I was pleasantly surprised

OP
OP
rtc1085

rtc1085

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you did your homework and put in some work as well. That is probably the best deal you could have gotten. I’m sure you will see others that have gotten a better deal elsewhere, but you can’t really control what other dealers are willing to do. Sales volume, demographics, location, etc. all play a part.
Thanks, I agree. If you want a good deal, you have to put in some effort but it's really not that hard. A couple hours of emails and phone calls probably saved me a few grand so it was all worth it!

Sponsored

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
I thought members might benefit from some order information. I currently own a 2012 Sahara Unlimited and just ordered a JL Rubicon Unlimited Saturday. I did extensive research before going to the dealership and went back and forth through email with 6 dealerships before I settled on what I thought was the best offer. I have found that you can quickly weed out the dealers you don't want to go to this way. Some will be straight forward with you and some give you a complete runaround...avoid those ones. If they aren't willing to give you a price before you go in, they aren't being honest with you at all. In any case, I narrowed it down to two and basically put them against each other until I had what I thought was the best offer. Here's what I got:

- Auto Trans
- LED Lighting Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Safety Group
- Black 3-Piece Hard Top
- All-Weather Floor Mats

(Basically loaded minus leather seats and steel bumpers..you have to make cuts somewhere)

MSRP came out to be $50285. FYI, the Infotainment group is $200 more than listed on Jeep's Build & Price site.
Invoice pricing was $47406 and my final price was $45958, slightly over 3% below invoice (including destination).

I felt this was a very good price, especially considering I had other dealers that weren't even willing to go down to invoice. Of course, I always walk away feeling that I could have done better but these guys really weren't willing to budge any further. I pushed twice for $40 more for my trade to make it an even number and they wouldn't even do that. The trade offer was very good, by the way. My KBB range was 21,500-24,000 and they gave me about $23,300, which was quite a bit better than the number I had in my head going in. All-in-all, I feel I got a very fair deal. They wouldn't budge on the $493 Doc Fees but in MA, they are all in this range.

Please let me know what you think of this deal and I hope the info is helpful to others out there. So excited to get the jeep!
Where in MA did you buy from? I heard about Station Jeep in Mansfield. Just curious where you looked around / spoke to and which one you went with. Thanks!

OP
OP
rtc1085

rtc1085

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where in MA did you buy from? I heard about Station Jeep in Mansfield. Just curious where you looked around / spoke to and which one you went with. Thanks!
Nicolette, I purchased the Jeep at Bertera in West Springfield. Brand new building on Riverdale Rd. They were honestly some of the nicest people I've ever worked with when buying a new car. I felt like they were pretty upfront, as much as a car sales person can be. I shopped around at place in MA and NY. The best deal came from NY and Bertera hesitantly matched it to get my business. They had originally been about $1500 higher. It really helps to get pricing from multiple places because if they want your business they have to match or beat the lowest price that way.

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
Nicolette, I purchased the Jeep at Bertera in West Springfield. Brand new building on Riverdale Rd. They were honestly some of the nicest people I've ever worked with when buying a new car. I felt like they were pretty upfront, as much as a car sales person can be. I shopped around at place in MA and NY. The best deal came from NY and Bertera hesitantly matched it to get my business. They had originally been about $1500 higher. It really helps to get pricing from multiple places because if they want your business they have to match or beat the lowest price that way.
Wow thank you for the info!!! Will definitely look into it and if I with them I will definitely let them know you sent me! Thank you for the info! And congrats on the purchase!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
My deal is almost identical and I also got a great trade number... I feel like I did very well, basically no haggling and it could have been easier.... congrats!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thank you for sharing. This is great information that will help many members.

Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Check out Station, you won't be disappointed.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

- Auto Trans
- LED Lighting Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Safety Group
- Black 3-Piece Hard Top
- All-Weather Floor Mats

Be sure to look up the thread on the BonusDrive rebate to potentially save another $500 when you Jeep comes in.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

- Auto Trans
- LED Lighting Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Safety Group
- Black 3-Piece Hard Top
- All-Weather Floor Mats

I think you did good. I did the math and my order came out @ 2.4 under invoice for a loaded 2 door Rubicon and I am happy with that.
Sponsored