Sponsored

Rubicon LED condensation

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So I bought a bumper of a Rubicon and it came with the stock LED fog lights. Even when I picked up the bumper the housings have had condensation in them. I do not see any cracks in the housings or anywhere that water could come in except maybe the silver led module that screws in the top of the housing. I can pull the screws and cut the old sealant away, remove the module, clean the inside of the housing and then reseal the module. That is the only place I see that it could be letting moisture in.

Stock Fog.jpg

Stock Fog2.jpg

StockFog3.jpg

Stockfog4.jpg

stockfog 5.jpg
Sponsored

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
In the same situation, following this thread.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Replace them, or repair in a zero humidity environment. That’s the only way they’ll ever be right.

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
So I bought a bumper of a Rubicon and it came with the stock LED fog lights. Even when I picked up the bumper the housings have had condensation in them. I do not see any cracks in the housings or anywhere that water could come in except maybe the silver led module that screws in the top of the housing. I can pull the screws and cut the old sealant away, remove the module, clean the inside of the housing and then reseal the module. That is the only place I see that it could be letting moisture in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon LED condensation stockfog 5

I came to the conclusion that water got into the fogs I have where the harness clips in. I can tilt mine and see water pooling. When I turn it over and shake it water will drip out of the back where the harness plugs in to the light. Were you able to successfully get the water out of yours or did you end up replacing?