LED indicators and condensation

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So, just got back home from visiting the folks down south...I'm in the DC area. Most of my trip yesterday was in light rain and heavy mist. I noticed when I got home and after unloading the Jeep, that my front LED indicators had condensation in both of them. By the morning (this morning), they had dried out. But, it concerns me a bit. Has anyone else encountered this? Think I might take it in to the dealer and have them look at it.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I would say the lack of response just might be your answer - it's not normal. I personally haven't had this happen on my JL (at least not that I've noticed, but it's probably been too cold for that where I am), have on previous vehicles but that's when the seals had been compromised. Weird that it would happen on both for you, that they would both be "defective". My $.02 worth - if it happens again take it to dealer for warranty claim (pics might help your assertion).

OP
OP
TimR

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would say the lack of response just might be your answer - it's not normal. I personally haven't had this happen on my JL (at least not that I've noticed, but it's probably been too cold for that where I am), have on previous vehicles but that's when the seals had been compromised. Weird that it would happen on both for you, that they would both be "defective". My $.02 worth - if it happens again take it to dealer for warranty claim (pics might help your assertion).
Thanks....Yeah, I've got pics. We have some more rain coming, so I'll wait to see what happen. ;)

Thank you.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
2018 JLUR that 'lives outside' as my daughter's college vehicle ..... have had either wet condensation or frozen in the drivers turn signal pretty much continuously. At dealer for first oil change yesterday and service advisor stated that Jeep had released a bulletin on the issue .... basic message was "they dry out on their own ... take no replacement action." Anyone else inquired and heard the same message?
IMG_1826.jpeg
IMG_1827.jpeg

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
So, just got back home from visiting the folks down south...I'm in the DC area. Most of my trip yesterday was in light rain and heavy mist. I noticed when I got home and after unloading the Jeep, that my front LED indicators had condensation in both of them. By the morning (this morning), they had dried out. But, it concerns me a bit. Has anyone else encountered this? Think I might take it in to the dealer and have them look at it.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Tim
my passenger side turn signal does this (not LED), the drivers side has no issue. I have had zero motivation to open it up, I am solar powered and all this rain has me running at half power :p

girljeeper

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 dr Granite, 2024 JL 2 dr White Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have condensation in my headlights only.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
If anyone is brave enough to open them up, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of drainage hole? As long as the lights are still working, I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if the lights stop working I would definitely be taking it to the dealer.
Sponsored