Rubicon front license plate bracket

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
As a former deputy I can tell you just about every deputy and trooper in states that require front plates looks at every car they meet coming towards them to see if it has a legally displayed plate. If they aren't going to a call or heading to Krispy Kreme because the fresh donuts light is on and if they can safely turn around they will pull you over. Front plates are helpful for law enforcement because they always have bolos for stolen cars, wanted people, amber alerts, etc. So there is a valid reason for them. Putting it on a dash, having it angled under the bumper, having it covered with mud will probably get you a citation, a fix-it ticket and a thorough inspection for drugs, guns, warrants, poor attire, owl tires on a Rubicon, and other things.
I put a different bumper (steel) on my JK that didn't have a bracket for the plate and because I'm not stupid enough to put a big message on the front saying please pull me over I took a metal license plate frame and some magnets and it is attached to the bumper and is hard to get off.
So why take a chance on a ticket that will cost more than a bracket and just follow the law? You really don't want them looking at other changes to your vehicle do you?
Except Ohio... You can no longer get pulled over for not having a front plate. Now, you can get pulled over for other things in addition to the missing front plate. But, people didn't look kindly on the cop back in 2015 who ended up shooting and killing a guy who he pulled over because he didn't have a front plate.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Except Ohio... You can no longer get pulled over for not having a front plate. Now, you can get pulled over for other things in addition to the missing front plate. But, people didn't look kindly on the cop back in 2015 who ended up shooting and killing a guy who he pulled over because he didn't have a front plate.
A drastic example of why avoiding any stop by a police officer is best.

Rubrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ JGC Limited, 2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
As a former deputy I can tell you just about every deputy and trooper in states that require front plates looks at every car they meet coming towards them to see if it has a legally displayed plate. If they aren't going to a call or heading to Krispy Kreme because the fresh donuts light is on and if they can safely turn around they will pull you over. Front plates are helpful for law enforcement because they always have bolos for stolen cars, wanted people, amber alerts, etc. So there is a valid reason for them. Putting it on a dash, having it angled under the bumper, having it covered with mud will probably get you a citation, a fix-it ticket and a thorough inspection for drugs, guns, warrants, poor attire, owl tires on a Rubicon, and other things.
I put a different bumper (steel) on my JK that didn't have a bracket for the plate and because I'm not stupid enough to put a big message on the front saying please pull me over I took a metal license plate frame and some magnets and it is attached to the bumper and is hard to get off.
So why take a chance on a ticket that will cost more than a bracket and just follow the law? You really don't want them looking at other changes to your vehicle do you?
Your points are very valid. I ultimately decided to assume the risk, and I'm prepared to live with the consequences if pulled over. So far so good. Of course, Ohio doesn't seem to be enforcing the law anyway. When viewing my Jeep from a "real" distance, say 100 feet, I think the plate is much more visible.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
to me why give somebody a reason to the inconvenience to have to pull over get a warning or get a ticket when I can just put a plate on there and go on my way and never have to worry about being stopped. I know you're not worried about being stopped but you know it's against the law and you still want to break the law. that's why I look at it I carry a lot Texas we have concealed carry and open carry that's just another reason I don't want to be hassled or pullovered

Rubrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ JGC Limited, 2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
to me why give somebody a reason to the inconvenience to have to pull over get a warning or get a ticket when I can just put a plate on there and go on my way and never have to worry about being stopped. I know you're not worried about being stopped but you know it's against the law and you still want to break the law. that's why I look at it I carry a lot Texas we have concealed carry and open carry that's just another reason I don't want to be hassled or pullovered
Makes sense, thanks.

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Sorry this won’t help you, but so happy I live in Quebec where there’s no front license plate, and we can enjoy the design as it was intended to look like :) (and the additional taxes or whatsoever but eh, can’t have it all lol)
Yup and then broken road to justify our Jeeps😂
Sponsored