Sponsored

front license plate holder

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
so I picked up my metal plates today and in the state of Maryland we have front and rear tags. When they went to mount the front tag the guy said the tag did not line-up with the 4 pre drilled holes and he ask me if I wanted him to drill additional holes to mount the tag, I said no that I believe there is a tag holder that attaches to those 4 holes. question is I've seen that tag holder on plastic bumpers but i have steel bumper is there a tag holder for steel bumpers??
Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
so I picked up my metal plates today and in the state of Maryland we have front and rear tags. When they went to mount the front tag the guy said the tag did not line-up with the 4 pre drilled holes and he ask me if I wanted him to drill additional holes to mount the tag, I said no that I believe there is a tag holder that attaches to those 4 holes. question is I've seen that tag holder on plastic bumpers but i have steel bumper is there a tag holder for steel bumpers??
Just google it or go to an off-road sales site. This one doesn’t even use the winch bumper holes.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/license...MIi9Obn6iQ2wIVjrXACh1tmQRoEAQYASABEgJd9_D_BwE

I believe the pre drilled holes are for the winch plate? Someone who already has their JL hopefully will reply with more info.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
My state has 2 plates. They already had the front plate mount attached. I could see there was 4 bolts holding it on when I put the new plates on.

Sponsored

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
... question is I've seen that tag holder on plastic bumpers but i have steel bumper is there a tag holder for steel bumpers??
Can anybody point me to one of the plastic bumper plate holders?

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
I ended up buying a universal one at AutoZone for like $5.

20180519_224243.jpg
20180524_213631.jpg
Could’ve sworn you were an Auburn guy!

Just Kidding. Best of luck this year. No team should be crowned National Champion unless they go thru Bama in my opinion. If you wanna be the best you have to play the best.

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up buying a universal one at AutoZone for like $5.
Thanks digitalbliss … a good option. If I understand this correctly, you did not use the four (4) dimple holes in the bumper and just made four (4) new ones that fit the Roll Tide tag holes?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Thanks digitalbliss … a good option. If I understand this correctly, you did not use the four (4) dimple holes in the bumper and just made four (4) new ones that fit the Roll Tide tag holes?
The plastic plate holder has a bunch of slots so you can mount it however you need/want. It has 4 holes that line up with the tag holes that are seperate from the mounting holes. I used 4 screws to mount the holder 2 of those lined up with the dimples.

Sponsored

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been working with:

Corey Silvia
Director of Parts Operations, JustForJeeps.com
888-651-5337 | [email protected]

He thinks the part number for the bracket to fit the plastic standard bumper is 68293738AA and has ordered one for me. BTW ... it's sure nice to get the kind of personalized customer service that these guys have. It's my new Jeep goodies ordering place!

Steve

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
FLSteve, did you find out of the part number above is in fact the bracket for the plastic bumper?