Sponsored

Rubicon Front Diff Covers now available! (M210)

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
Similar construction/features to the rear cover we offer:
These are hand welded front and back, and then decked flat on the mating surface/drilled in our CNC mill for a proper fit and flat mating surface. They are constructed from a combination of laser cut 1/4" steel and 3/8" steel. The fill plug bung is tig welded in place and includes a magnetic fill plug. Luckily Jeep included a drain plug in the housing, so we neglected to add another.

http://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/dana-m210-front-differential-cover/
Use code "jlwranglerforum" at check out for a discount ;) (~$170 after your JLWF discount)

These are available bare metal, in our standard textured black (bottom photo), or in custom colors upon request. We do powder coat in house, so this only adds a little bit of lead time depending on the color.
M210 Red Installed.jpg

M210 Prototype Installed.jpg

M210 Powder Coated.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finally something that is more reasonably priced

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
This is a non-informed question but are these intended to be another layer of armor? If so what's the experience with such protection? Is this substantially better than stock only on the Rubicon?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is a non-informed question but are these intended to be another layer of armor? If so what's the experience with such protection? Is this substantially better than stock only on the Rubicon?
Stock diff covers are very thin and prone to denting on rocks. These replace the stock covers.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
As mentioned they are much less prone to damage than stock covers, but they also improve the overall rigidity of the center housing. 1/4" and 3/8s is some serious reinforcement. If your not doing much rock bashing they may be overkill for milder wheeling. The stock ones on the JL are better than the last generation.

These are real beef

Sponsored

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
I’ve noticed I’ve scraped my stock diff covers but it appears only to be cosmetic. Is the experience that stock will break or puncture easily? I’d like to wait until 25-30k miles and upgrade when I change fluids.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve noticed I’ve scraped my stock diff covers but it appears only to be cosmetic. Is the experience that stock will break or puncture easily? I’d like to wait until 25-30k miles and upgrade when I change fluids.
You’re probably fine. The JL stock covers don’t peel and drain like the jk ones because the cover doesn’t overhang the housing.

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
Does anyone have any concerns about the mounting bolts not being recessed on the NVM covers? It would seem to be if I was going to upgrade I would want something (a) thicker (b) better material (c) less likely to hang on a rock/obstruction.
Sponsored