Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
I'm happy to say we are shipping Dana M220 rear differential covers! Use code "jlwranglerforum" at check out for a discount ;) (~$170 after your JLWF discount)

*MADE IN USA*

These are hand welded front and back, and then decked flat on the mating surface/drilled in our CNC mill for a proper fit and flat mating surface. They are constructed from a combination of laser cut 1/4" steel and 3/8" steel. The fill plug bung is tig welded in place and includes a magnetic fill plug. Luckily Jeep included a drain plug in the housing, so we neglected to add another. Install hardware included!

This should fit Rubicon models as well as all JL's equipped with the "anti-spin" differential option to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/dana-m220-rear-differential-cover/
M210 Front Covers should be shipping shortly as well!
Edit: M210 front covers now available as well!
http://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/dana-m210-front-differential-cover/

M220ML-180529-03c.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

29872708_2016621331910182_8531849082540364513_o.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Why didn't you incorporate a raised fill hole? For example.

%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fthumbnail%2F9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%2Fn%2Fp%2Fnp-cover-d44_2_1.jpg

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good question! There is some simplicity to using the bottom of the fill plug as the "full level" like the factory covers. We'll certainly be offering a raised fill plug in the future for those of us with pinion angles that have been rotated or want to intentionally overfill the differential.

I'm imagining most JL jeepers using the M220 rear end are running up to 37s with a 0 to 2.5" lift... That should net a pinion angle and filled/"full level" of very close to factory, and that's where this fill plug is placed.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Good question! There is some simplicity to using the bottom of the fill plug as the "full level" like the factory covers. We'll certainly be offering a raised fill plug in the future for those of us with pinion angles that have been rotated or want to intentionally overfill the differential.

I'm imagining most JL jeepers using the M220 rear end are running up to 37s with a 0 to 2.5" lift... That should net a pinion angle and filled/"full level" of very close to factory, and that's where this fill plug is placed.
Cool. Another question, where is the drain plug on this thing? Do you have to remove the diff cover to completely drain it? Pump it out?

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool. Another question, where is the drain plug on this thing? Do you have to remove the diff cover to completely drain it? Pump it out?
Removing the cover/pumping is unnecessary. Unlike the old Dana 44, these new axles already have a drain plug/boss cast into the pumpkin.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Removing the cover/pumping is unnecessary. Unlike the old Dana 44, these new axles already have a drain plug/boss cast into the pumpkin.
Ahh, cool, didn't know that!

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
no sight glass?

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No sight glass on these; these are "fill it until it comes out of the inspection/fill plug" style much like the factory covers.

Sponsored

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
You say we can have different colors, but check out only have black I would like firecracker red to match my Jeep, meet your phone number to call in the order.

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We powder coat in house using cardinal colors. The number of options is too numerous for us to attach to all of our products, so please just give us a call for other colors!

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We can get prismatic colors as well; but are we trying to match an existing wizard red already on your vehicle? Might be best to order them in bare steel and have your local guys do the powder coat in order to better match them to your existing parts.

My powder guy tells me for best results to have your local powder coat company compare a sample/test batch to your existing parts before having them coated there. I'm told that multistage colors like this (using super chrome as the base coat) are difficult to match since they can vary quite a bit based on temperature, bake time, how heavy the top coat is applied etc...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Do you feel that you can get a close match to ocean blue on these? I've been hesitant to get anything powder coated blue yet because the paint color is so variable and metallic.
Sponsored