Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler rubicon
Hi.

I live in South Florida and looking to order the new 392 Rubicon.

anyone here able to assist?

I’ll be trading in my ‘20 Rubicon with around 10k miles....

I’m willing to drive up to 8-10 hours or so north to the dealership and swap/trade in person.

mom not willing to pay over MSRP for the vehicle. I spoke to a local Jeep dealer and they wanted $5k over. I’m not sure how Jeep allows dealers to upcharge on an ordered factory vehicle.

my C8 Corvette I paid sticker.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Best bet will probably be closer to DC/VA/MD area (Koons, etc). It's going to be similar how the trackhawk was when it first came out, so I'd expect to pay around sticker (and it take some work to find that deal).

There's no law that prevents something from being sold over sticker. It has nothing to do with Jeep.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Best bet will probably be closer to DC/VA/MD area (Koons, etc). It's going to be similar how the trackhawk was when it first came out, so I'd expect to pay around sticker (and it take some work to find that deal).

There's no law that prevents something from being sold over sticker. It has nothing to do with Jeep.
The problem is someone will pay it. And as long as they do, the dealerships will keep doing it. It's really no different then me trying to sell something when I'm asking more than what it's worth. Someone wants to pay me that, then more power to them (and good for me - or in this case, the dealership).

In the case of a dealership asking for that premium price, it's worth what someone pays for it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem is someone will pay it. And as long as they do, the dealerships will keep doing it. It's really no different then me trying to sell something when I'm asking more than what it's worth. Someone wants to pay me that, then more power to them (and good for me - or in this case, the dealership).

In the case of a dealership asking for that premium price, it's worth what someone pays for it.
Yes! I agree.

I don't have enough data to really support a claim that dealers charging ADMs are likely to have less overall customer satisfaction, but that was my theory based on my experiences. I don't blame the dealer for charging what the item is worth at all.

In Porsche's case, they simply increased inventory and that sort of just (for the most part) took care of the customer's problem (that was exasperated by their dealer network), since there wasn't enough demand at that point.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Yes! I agree.

I don't have enough data to really support a claim that dealers charging ADMs are likely to have less overall customer satisfaction, but that was my theory based on my experiences. I don't blame the dealer for charging what the item is worth at all.

In Porsche's case, they simply increased inventory and that sort of just (for the most part) took care of the customer's problem (that was exasperated by their dealer network), since there wasn't enough demand at that point.
Huh? In porsches case? Have you tried to buy a GT car in the last several years. Unobtanium.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Paying MSRP or less will be difficult. It is the old adage of supply and demand.

If you search this forum there is a dealer named Paul I think that was talking about taking orders. I think he is on the West Coast though. Even if his allotments are full, he could maybe give you the best advice. People on this forum are just “ arm chair quarterbacking “ any advice on the 392 right now!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh? In porsches case? Have you tried to buy a GT car in the last several years. Unobtanium.
Yes

Twice. One sitting in garage. Overall not unobtainable at all. Getting to spec one yourself — that’s another story. All of my Porsche purchases have been out of state as well, unfortunately. You can walk into a dealership today and buy a GT car at sticker. I’m not expecting the 992 to go the same though seeing as the next GT car will likely be hybrid :(

Last edited:

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Dealers asking the Porsche factory to make an extra few 991.2 GT3 RS was problematic as those cars have a set limited production run on purpose. The dealership that got in trouble (and successfully sued by customers) was in Miami.
I specc’ed a 991.2 GT3 at MSRP and I am being offered to spec a 992.1 GT3 at MSRP. The first GT3 was my first car from a dealership 300 miles away. I got lucky! The next GT3 will be my 4th Pcar from them in 4 years, and I always pay very near MSRP to maintain that relationship, even on the SUVs. That’s customer relationship. Good dealerships get rewarded with return customers not trying to cheat them either.
The 992.1 GT3 will have a NA 4.0L and manual, 100% confirmed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 392 83E97656-B6EC-4F1E-8B36-CFB4906F7BEA

This is the day we picked it up after full body wrap. Back when we had just one dog... lol.
The 392 will be epic, so excited about it! Regardless, there is no room for treating customers poorly. Vote with your dollars.

Last edited:

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
In my limited exposure to the 392, here is what I’ve found. 3 dealers that I talked to have ordered the 392’s for dealer stock. Not customer ordered. I could have picked up an all black 392 for MSRP yesterday. If it’s true that 9000 will be built for year 22, better prices will be coming. Also a lot of folks that want to pay MSRP for a Jeep, want to special order exactly what they want. Not what the dealer thinks you want. Better days are just around the corner.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers asking the Porsche factory to make an extra few 991.2 GT3 RS was problematic as those cars have a set limited production run on purpose. The dealership that got in trouble (and successfully sued by customers) was in Miami.
I specc’ed a 991.2 GT3 at MSRP and I am being offered to spec a 992.1 GT3 at MSRP. The first GT3 was my first car from a dealership 300 miles away. I got lucky! The next GT3 will be my 4th Pcar from them in 4 years, and I always pay very near MSRP to maintain that relationship, even on the SUVs. That’s customer relationship. Good dealerships get rewarded with return customers not trying to cheat them either.
The 992.1 GT3 will have a NA 4.0L and manual, 100% confirmed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 392 83E97656-B6EC-4F1E-8B36-CFB4906F7BEA

This is the day we picked it up after full body wrap. Back when we had just one dog... lol.
The 392 will be epic, so excited about it! Regardless, there is no room for treating customers poorly. Vote with your dollars.
Beautiful car! It's challenging to get the opportunity to spec one, I never was that lucky. Also had to go out of state... though that hasn't been any different than BMW for me. I think this time around I might be able to if I wait long enough in the production cycle. Glad you found a good dealer that values the relationship and continues to give you the same deal over and over.

Never knew about the dealer being sued, though heard about the Champion Porsche sales guy incident.

Agreed on 392, that's going to be one hell of a fun Jeep.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking in central Florida and the only dealer I found to charge MSRP was Orlando Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram on State Road 50. However I placed an order with Chapman CDJR in Horsham, PA for under invoice. Fingers crossed it goes into D1 Status soon.
Sponsored