Rubicon 392 - A Little Info

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Kate is right. Sorta. They are only bringing 300 to our area. MId-Atlantic business center. They are making just over 3k nationwide for 2021. Building them between the last week of January and first week of June. They are going to make just over 9k as a 2022 Model year and order for those will start in March/April of 2021.
Thank you for that news as that is what I have been waiting to hear about! Can I ask where you were able to confirm that? Mainly that builds were starting in the last week of January?
Sponsored

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
Thank you for that news as that is what I have been waiting to hear about! Can I ask where you were able to confirm that? Mainly that builds were starting in the last week of January?
That’s what the FCA rep told me. And I’ll double check but I think it was on a build schedule sheet too. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Glad to hear this. At those production numbers (9k/yr), price has to be reasonable enough to ensure they all get sold.
Fingers crossed for a base MSRP under 70k.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
That’s what the FCA rep told me. And I’ll double check but I think it was on a build schedule sheet too. I’ll see if I can dig it up.
If you could find that build sheet you would be a hero on this forum! :rock:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurk

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Well guys...I was not looking at all of your comments until this morning and I have to say that most of you are making more sense than the dealer.
I was playing with some numbers myself, and it can't be that they will only put out 300, as that wont even cover a small allotment per dealer.
Lesson learned.
I will not be a future messenger of non-vetted info, just as I don't give any attention to mainstream media.
Thanks for the feedback.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
they are going to build as many are needed to fill demand! Only thing with a limit might a "launch edition" or something but I have yet to hear anything about that.....

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Kate is right. Sorta. They are only bringing 300 to our area. MId-Atlantic business center. They are making just over 3k nationwide for 2021. Building them between the last week of January and first week of June. They are going to make just over 9k as a 2022 Model year and order for those will start in March/April of 2021.
Also not fully correct.

They have set allocations per area of 300 units for the first orders/deliveries.

After those first deliveries are filled it is first come first served.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Many people are saying here that they will build as many as demand requires. I’d like to remind those people that vehicle production runs are not only based on demand. There are countless other factors that go into vehicle production numbers, and demand is only one factor.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Many people are saying here that they will build as many as demand requires. I’d like to remind those people that vehicle production runs are not only based on demand. There are countless other factors that go into vehicle production numbers, and demand is only one factor.
Stop trying to make this out to be something precious as it isn't. It is a mass produced production vehicle that will be built in whatever volume orders support.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Stop trying to make this out to be something precious as it isn't. It is a mass produced production vehicle that will be built in whatever volume orders support.
I don’t believe that word, or any indication of it, was in my post? That statement goes for every production vehicle. No one said it’s a super car hahaha I also hope they make a lot but am stating facts. You’re welcome.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I don’t care what they do. For real. I don’t care if mine is 1 of 1, or 1 of 24353...it won’t be a unicorn or whatever. Who cares. Mine sure as hell won’t be appreciating...lol

I just want it as soon as possible. If I have to wait to June I’m going to be supremely pissed.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
I doubt they would waste the development costs for a 392, including crash testing to only make 300 units, that is laughable, but tell Kate nice story :)

They will sell as many as there are takers.
Agreed.

If they were selling Hellcat Wranglers, 300 might be a reasonable number, but these are just V8 Wranglers and few Wrangler buyers won't at least consider the V8.
Sponsored