Rough idle TSB?

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Anyone had the rough idle/ loud after fan update done to their Jeep. I’ve got a bit idle vibration and I am wondering if this update will fix it. The vibration isn’t heavy but it’s definitely noticeable.
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
For what motor? Got a link for the TSB?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I was just curious on this one because I’m idle needle is stable but I feel a constant vibration while I’m just sitting. Otherwise it runs great while driving

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I was just curious on this one because I’m idle needle is stable but I feel a constant vibration while I’m just sitting. Otherwise it runs great while driving

Yep, my 2020 JLU Rubicon does the exact same thing. Hasn't always done it. Started about 2,000 miles ago.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Switching to 91-93 Octane gas cured it for me. Also, with 87-89 octane gas, I use ethanol gas treatment every once and a while, and havent had the issue reappear. Ethanol draws in water, to the gas tank, from the outside air, venting in. Many higher octane fuels have better, or more fuel additives. Run your tank to below 1/4 full, and add premium gas, or add a good treatment additive to the nxt fill-up, and see what happens.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I was with a friends when he text drove a brand new gladiator with poor idle. Salesman said he couldn’t feel it…we walked. He ended up purchasing a gladiator somewhere else that doesn’t have this problem.

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Switching to 91-93 Octane gas cured it for me. Also, with 87-89 octane gas, I use ethanol gas treatment every once and a while, and havent had the issue reappear. Ethanol draws in water, to the gas tank, from the outside air, venting in. Many higher octane fuels have better, or more fuel additives. Run your tank to below 1/4 full, and add premium gas, or add a good treatment additive to the nxt fill-up, and see what happens.
I understand the whole ethanol and water issue and it might be a contributing factor to my issue. 13 months and 12,000 miles of ownership, but the same tank of gas will stay in the month for a Jeep then I will go through 2 tanks a week depending on what I'm doing. I did try this with Lucas treatment, but only a couple of times, and nothing changed

Most everyone says that I'm crazy and its normal, when I ask them if they feel what I feel, (Peter Frampton convinced everyone, Google it), or they don't feel it, but my wife's 2019 JLUR with 30,000, doesn't do this.

However, this is a slightly minor issue at this time, I'm currently in a disagreement with Jeep because the OEM ring, pinion, rear yoke and rear bearing and rear seal need to be replaced. You can move the drive shaft up and down about a half an inch. It screams like there is no tomorrow. Never had any work done to the rear end.

I have full skids and they are scratched from rocks, so now the issue is that something hit the driveshaft and caused the damage. Not possible, but I digress.

Anyway, back on topic.

I will try the change it octane and see if it helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
What treatment do you recommend running? I recently filled up with a tank of shell 91 when I noticed this issue. Starting to question on if this shell has bad gas.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What treatment do you recommend running? I recently filled up with a tank of shell 91 when I noticed this issue. Starting to question on if this shell has bad gas.
I'm not picky, I just use any name brand stuff, that isn't expensive. It all seems to do the job.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand the whole ethanol and water issue and it might be a contributing factor to my issue. 13 months and 12,000 miles of ownership, but the same tank of gas will stay in the month for a Jeep then I will go through 2 tanks a week depending on what I'm doing. I did try this with Lucas treatment, but only a couple of times, and nothing changed

Most everyone says that I'm crazy and its normal, when I ask them if they feel what I feel, (Peter Frampton convinced everyone, Google it), or they don't feel it, but my wife's 2019 JLUR with 30,000, doesn't do this.

However, this is a slightly minor issue at this time, I'm currently in a disagreement with Jeep because the OEM ring, pinion, rear yoke and rear bearing and rear seal need to be replaced. You can move the drive shaft up and down about a half an inch. It screams like there is no tomorrow. Never had any work done to the rear end.

I have full skids and they are scratched from rocks, so now the issue is that something hit the driveshaft and caused the damage. Not possible, but I digress.

Anyway, back on topic.

I will try the change it octane and see if it helps.
I use the Lucas in my Diesel truck, and it works well in that. It's been a couple of months since I drove the truck, so today, I took the cover off of it, and used it to run errands. It smooths out the diesel, so, the Lucas does its job there. I only have to fill it up, ever 5-6 months.
I havent used Lucas in the gas Wrangler engine.
Sponsored