First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hi has anyone else installed a full set of the quick release mudflaps from Rokblokz?

I ordered a set recently and after a bit of fettling (Euro Fenders have a different outside lip profile to USA evidently) eventually managed to install the front pair last night. I ran out of time to fit the back pair, but spent a few minutes looking at how the rear bracket mounts to the chassis. It looks like once it's installed, you can no longer re-fit the splash guard that sits in front of the rear bumper without some heavy modification and the Rokblokz installation sheet makes no mention of this.

Does anyone have any tips they can share? Thanks.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Sorry. Just realised I posted this thread in the wrong section, should be in exterior mods. How'd I get it moved?

:facepalm:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hi has anyone else installed a full set of the quick release mudflaps from Rokblokz?

I ordered a set recently and after a bit of fettling (Euro Fenders have a different outside lip profile to USA evidently) eventually managed to install the front pair last night. I ran out of time to fit the back pair, but spent a few minutes looking at how the rear bracket mounts to the chassis. It looks like once it's installed, you can no longer re-fit the splash guard that sits in front of the rear bumper without some heavy modification and the Rokblokz installation sheet makes no mention of this.

Does anyone have any tips they can share? Thanks.

A few of us have...here's my initial setup...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-928#post-620000

...and then with a slight modification on a tip from a couple of members starting at #14481

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-966

Can you show a picture of the limitation you've run into?

Vulpine

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2019
Sorry. Just realised I posted this thread in the wrong section, should be in exterior mods. How'd I get it moved?

:facepalm:
Hi dude, did you get these installed in the end? These are the best looking flaps around, but don't want to shell out that amount of $ÂŁ unless they work well? Cheers, oh and any pics would be welcomed! :)

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Just a heads up for others, the rears dont fit on the stock sport bumper. The bumper has plastic flares on it that stick into the wheel well way too far to install. I have an email into rokblokz to see if they have a solution but right now it seems like they only checked the rubicon bumpers for fitment.

Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I haven’t been able to make the rears Rokblokz work with the fender liners on my Rubicon. After butchering the originals I bought a new pair to retry.

I duplicated the liner modification shown above and it doesn’t work. I have Rubicon steel bumpers if that makes a difference. In fact, I removed the brackets that hold the fender liner in place because they interfere with the mud flap brackets and impede anything but a near vertical orientation.

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah feel like it would be impossible to figure out exacly where to notch the liners on the first cut. I’m not sure if you were thinking I meant the liners but the bumper itself interferes on the sport badly even with the Liners removed.

Vulpine

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2019
I managed to get them and fit them to my Uk spec JL Rubicon. Took a few hours and a little hacking here and there on the flaps. I am very happy with them. https://revkit.com/kitsune

101561046_2539631426297929_6425109463786586112_o.jpg

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I successfully fitted the non-cut version (original size) of the RokBlokz to my Rubicon with Mopar Performance Rock Rails. The top 2 screws are installed as per instructions, and I put a nylon locknut behind to make sure it doesn't vibrate off. For the inner-side mounting point, I installed the metal clip and then zip-tied it to the mudguard. It is held tightly in place. The only difference is that the angle is not as tilted back as originally designed...I don't think it looks out of place. At least I didn't have to hack it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz Mudflaps Rokblokz rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz Mudflaps IMG_8273
Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz Mudflaps IMG_8258

mjmostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport S
Just a heads up for others, the rears dont fit on the stock sport bumper. The bumper has plastic flares on it that stick into the wheel well way too far to install. I have an email into rokblokz to see if they have a solution but right now it seems like they only checked the rubicon bumpers for fitment.
Did you figure out how to install the rears with the stock Sport bumper?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I successfully fitted the non-cut version (original size) of the RokBlokz to my Rubicon with Mopar Performance Rock Rails. The top 2 screws are installed as per instructions, and I put a nylon locknut behind to make sure it doesn't vibrate off. For the inner-side mounting point, I installed the metal clip and then zip-tied it to the mudguard. It is held tightly in place. The only difference is that the angle is not as tilted back as originally designed...I don't think it looks out of place. At least I didn't have to hack it.

I ended up doing the same to my front rokblokz, I put the Recon steps on my JLUR and the fronts just wouldn't fit, I ended up installing the top 2 bolts as they should and then the bottom I just zip tied them, my final install I'll be using some nylon spacers that are about .75"-1" but I need to get some longer M6 bolts first, the stock 1" are just barely too short. I really didn't want to cut the flaps.
Sponsored