Sponsored

ROAM Front Bumper Install

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I think @ogjeep put a VR winch in his Roam bumper, and remote mounted the winch solenoid under the hood.

You will need to remove the bumper skin and lower skid to mount the winch at a later point.
Exactly , I ran my solenoid up on top of my battery. The rest is nice and stealth. I have a Vr8 and and Factor 55 closed loop hook. I have used it for a few recoveries allready. Flawless set up.

ROAM didnt spare one millimeter here with the approach angle. They designed it to keep the winch tucked as far into the frame as possible. I can't find another bumper that is stubbier or has a better approach angle.

IMG_20190426_095648_679.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Exactly , I ran my solenoid up on top of my battery. The rest is nice and stealth. I have a Vr8 and and Factor 55 closed loop hook. I have used it for a few recoveries allready. Flawless set up.

ROAM didnt spare one millimeter here with the approach angle. They designed it to keep the winch tucked as far into the frame as possible. I can't find another bumper that is stubbier or has a better approach angle.

IMG_20190426_095648_679.jpg
How did you go about removing the solenoid from the top of the winch? I was unaware this was possible with a WARN. Also with how tight of a fit it sounds to be. Do you think the VR 10 would fit ?

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
How did you go about removing the solenoid from the top of the winch? I was unaware this was possible with a WARN. Also with how tight of a fit it sounds to be. Do you think the VR 10 would fit ?
It just unscrews. And to be honest i am not sure. I would just go with a Vr8 and save the $.

DElsarelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4D JL
How was the finish on your bumper? I just got mine installed and I am really disappointed with the paint job. I can scratch it with my finger nail and the bumper showed up with a bunch of surface blemishes...

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Resurrecting the old thread. Installed this bumper some time ago and really like it so far. Just installed an X20 winch. Had to slightly elongate mounting holes for it but it was not a big deal. Thanks @TTEChris for hard drive magnet idea for solenoid, very secure, might leave it like this permanently.
One concern that I have is lower lip of the cutout for the line might rub the synthetic line once you have couple of layers on the drum. I attached my doodle of the issue. I did not put the line on the winch yet, so not sure how bad the issue really is, but by eyeballing it, it makes me really uncomfortable.

IMG_0565.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Finally got my bumper now that roam finally has the lower height back in stock. For those of you that remote mounted the winch solenoid, which seems like most, where did you put it. I’m looking for options preferably without extending the wires. Thanks for your help.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
Roam claims this bumper is 100 pounds even, is it really that heavy? Trying to keep my rig as light as possible since I’m going to flat tow it.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Roam claims this bumper is 100 pounds even, is it really that heavy? Trying to keep my rig as light as possible since I’m going to flat tow it.
The bumper itself probably not but with the winch plate shackle mounts and skid plate it’s probably pretty close. But I couldn’t tell you exactly. I also got the fog light end caps and the ups package was 115 lbs. the end caps are probably 5 lbs each and the box and packaging was around 10-15 lbs
Sponsored