Not open for further replies.

gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
interested in knowing answers to these as well. especially (1).

How did you end up installing?
I didn't use any sort of jack...the cross bar holds in place just fine when you do one side at a time.

Flags were easy to install - with a second hand in place. Only time I needed someone else there...

Lights are out for now...I haven't learned enough about electircial to install. Plenty of helpful suggestions here...I just haven't bothered...
Sponsored

Reactions: omg

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Yeah that’s correct. If you are done, more than likely means you used the rivnuts. These were/are an alternative to using those. I heard stories of rivnuts so I opted out and used that bracket instead.
RIVNUTS SUCK! I will never, ever again use RIVNUTS on any vehicle I own. If a company relies on rivnuts for their product installs I either won't buy them or I'll find another way (thru-bolting, welding, etc.).

This may be a great product but if rivnuts have to be used I'll look elsewhere for a similar product that doesn't use rivnuts.

RIVNUTS SUCK
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwjh58HRrpXlAhURv54KHRtmCKkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Last edited:

ffo4kooch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 'bikini'
Installed my Roam Rock Rails today. Like others, I guess, I received the MK3 version as an upgrade for my wait. (about 7.5 weeks). They are a little different than those shown in the directions early on in this thread, but overall not too bad to figure out. Hardest part for me was installation of the supports that used flag nuts. There are 4 of them. I installed by myself so that complicated the flag nut use. Overall though they came out looking great and I am very happy with them.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Installed my Roam Rock Rails today. Like others, I guess, I received the MK3 version as an upgrade for my wait. (about 7.5 weeks). They are a little different than those shown in the directions early on in this thread, but overall not too bad to figure out. Hardest part for me was installation of the supports that used flag nuts. There are 4 of them. I installed by myself so that complicated the flag nut use. Overall though they came out looking great and I am very happy with them.

Congrats! Any pics?

I just read this link about the installation. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/roam-mk3-rock-rail-installation.39670/

ffo4kooch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 'bikini'
Didn't get pics along the way, but here's a couple with the Roam Rock Rails installed.

rubicon 101519.jpg
rubicon 101519-2.jpg

Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Did you paint the ROAM logo on them red or does it come red?

I'd want it to be black and blend in if I got these.

Didn't get pics along the way, but here's a couple with the Roam Rock Rails installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL ROAM JL Rock Rails (MK1, JLU 4 Door) Install Guide - Revision 1.0 rubicon 101519-2
Jeep Wrangler JL ROAM JL Rock Rails (MK1, JLU 4 Door) Install Guide - Revision 1.0 rubicon 101519-2

Status
Not open for further replies.