Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I was in hopes that @Diode Dynamics would come up with a light that would replace the reflector..

Diode Dynamics has terrific offerings and their Customer Support and Warranty is top notch.
The owner of Diode Dynamics is also very hands on/and gives a chitt.

I still can't get over how FCA can have reflectors made up that fit, spot on all the JL bumpers that leave the factory and then you get a vendor that has a reflector replacment, light offering that they just can't get to fit right on all JL bumpers... Makes little sense ...... and to boot the vendor denies there is an a fitment issue.... along with a moisture problem... Daaaah....

Well I can answer that for you………..FCA made the reflector to fit the drivers side on a steel bumper and mirrored the design to the passenger side. Look at a stock Jeep, the gap around the passenger reflector is slightly larger on a steel bumper. BUT guess what, no one notices. Fill it up with water and see how many people notice! 😂
Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
@Jeep&dogs

Personally,I would not install those reflector backup lights if you gave them to me for free. No way in hell.

For other's..... I installed more then 6 sets of those reflector backup lights...

Unfortunately, all that had me install them regretted doing so...

My install was correct.. I did a great job... but the product was crapola...

A problematic offering to say the least..

Fit is not right and they are prone to moisture/water issues.

Customer Support/Warranty is not good... and who wants to keep replacing them over and over when they take on water/moisture and they will..

I now encourage guys/gals that come to me asking me to install those reflector backup lights to forget the idea... After I tell them why they understand why..

What I found popular with most, is the Rigid Ignite Back-up Lights... Terrific lights, never an issue with them and an easy install. Customer Service/Support for them is top notch..

rigid-lites.jpg

Yup, I got those based on your reco and love them! Solid lights, super bright, and small! So they’re nice and low profile.

I have a stock plastic bumper and had to install them with toggle bolts into a couple of the chassis holes. Worked out great.

Also, ran the power wire from my auxiliary switch under the hood through the chassis right to the back. Straight run and easy to do. I did this because I wanted them on a switch and not on every time I put it in reverse.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well I can answer that for you………..FCA made the reflector to fit the drivers side on a steel bumper and mirrored the design to the passenger side. Look at a stock Jeep, the gap around the passenger reflector is slightly larger on a steel bumper. BUT guess what, no one notices. Fill it up with water and see how many people notice! 😂

@Jeep&dogs

"Fill it up with water"

I had a guy I did a reflector light install for, call me up and mention his one light had water in it.

He called Customer Support and they told him moisture in there was normal as well as some water in general.....

The guy asked me what I thought of that... I told him the vendor thought he was stupid and that he would suck up/believe that bullchitt..

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
@Jeep&dogs

"Fill it up with water"

I had a guy I did a reflector light install for, call me up and mention his one light had water in it.

He called Customer Support and they told him moisture in there was normal as well as some water in general.....

The guy asked me what I thought of that... I told him the vendor thought he was stupid and that he would suck up/believe that bullchitt..

I have used KC lights, Baja Design lights, and Rigid on quite a few rigs. Never had a water issue. They were not even fully sealed lights. Anyone that try’s to convince me it’s “normal” for a SEALED light to have moisture in it needs to pass along some of what they are smoking. 🤪

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I’m just glad to see there are some decent options popping up. I know how much of a pain it is to keep pulling the bumper to replace the reflector lights. It would be nice to come up with a solid option to be one and done.

I mean the light in my hot tub is UNDER water 24/7 and it doesn’t get water in it, obviously the technology is there!

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
@Jeep&dogs

Personally,I would not install those reflector backup lights if you gave them to me for free. No way in hell.

For other's..... I installed more then 6 sets of those reflector backup lights...

Unfortunately, all that had me install them regretted doing so...

My install was correct.. I did a great job... but the product was crapola...

A problematic offering to say the least..

Fit is not right and they are prone to moisture/water issues.

Customer Support/Warranty is not good... and who wants to keep replacing them over and over when they take on water/moisture and they will..

I now encourage guys/gals that come to me asking me to install those reflector backup lights to forget the idea... After I tell them why they understand why..

What I found popular with most, is the Rigid Ignite Back-up Lights... Terrific lights, never an issue with them and an easy install. Customer Service/Support for them is top notch..

rigid-lites.jpg

Have a link for these light? Also appears that the bumper does not have to be removed for install, a good thing!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have a link for these light? Also appears that the bumper does not have to be removed for install, a good thing!
@dshark1

Install is easy easy. No bumper removal. Takes about 10 min to mount on the bumper if that.
On the plastic JL rear bumper, you use existing screws that secure the plastic bumper cover to the rigid steel underneath.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJ4G93G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shop around though, you may find them for less..

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I was in hopes that @Diode Dynamics would come up with a light that would replace the reflector..

Diode Dynamics has terrific offerings and their Customer Support and Warranty is top notch.
The owner of Diode Dynamics is also very hands on/and gives a chitt.

I still can't get over how FCA can have reflectors made up that fit, spot on all the JL bumpers that leave the factory and then you get a vendor that has a reflector replacment, light offering that they just can't get to fit right on all JL bumpers... Makes little sense ...... and to boot the vendor denies there is an a fitment issue.... along with a moisture problem... Daaaah....

Thanks for the mention!

Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for an aftermarket LED reflector housing.

However, we are in the development of an SSC1 hitch pod mount that was teased as SEMA 2021.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options IMG-4205

In the meantime, we did just release our universal reverse light wiring kit that is perfect for our flush mount SSC1 and SSC2 LED pods!

In case you aren't interested in reviewing the video. I have provided some installed flush mount media below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options {filename}

I hope this information is helpful. Please, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Just a reminder, all US forum members are reliable for a free shipping code. Just send us a pm!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Last edited:

Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
With the Oracle lights, is it not feasible to apply a thin layer of gasket maker around the seems? Certainly water can't be permeating the face itself...?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MRH512
@dshark1

Looking at the pic, I don't see how (I could be mistaken as I have not seen the light bracket in person) the left light and it's bracket clears the the oval shaped box that holds the 7 pin/4 connectors.. So not plug and play, you'd need to do some jury rigging so to speak it seems when installing those.. Problem is, there is little free play in the wiring going to the connector box so moving it may be an issue.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the Oracle lights, is it not feasible to apply a thin layer of gasket maker around the seems? Certainly water can't be permeating the face itself...?
@BCool

On a top notch offering... you should not have to resort to that. That offering has fit, seal/ other issues.. Those issues need to be addressed by the manufacturer...
Sponsored