Replacement Windshield

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
One week of ownership to the hour, and I got a pellet shot to my windshield. I am going to try to get it fixed. If I can’t I’m thinking of a Gorilla Glass replacement. In searching for a place to buy it I stumbled across this company, https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/about/. Has anybody heard of this company before? They don’t have a product for the JL yet, but I signed up for updates.

A0F0F27C-0EC7-4CF9-885B-B18A2A72D8FB.jpeg

5B0A1DA2-47B8-4FF0-817E-61BCAFF81722.jpeg
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
One week of ownership to the hour, and I got a pellet shot to my windshield. I am going to try to get it fixed. If I can’t I’m thinking of a Gorilla Glass replacement. In searching for a place to buy it I stumbled across this company, https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/about/. Has anybody heard of this company before? They don’t have a product for the JL yet, but I signed up for updates.

A0F0F27C-0EC7-4CF9-885B-B18A2A72D8FB.jpeg

5B0A1DA2-47B8-4FF0-817E-61BCAFF81722.jpeg

I never heard of them.
How do you know it was shot by a pellet gun? Need back story.

Last edited:

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I had one installed a couple months ago. Easy to order, showed up in a couple days, and they recommended a local installer. Easy process, but pricey.

OP
OP
Steve JLUR

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I never heard of them.
How do you know it was shot by a pellet gun? Need back story.
I was coming up to a stop going between 5 & 10 mph. Cars in front of me were already stopped, and had been for some time before i rolled up. No opposing traffic. I had the SOT top open. I heard a crack, just like the sound of a pellet gun. I know the sound well, I have several, and shoot them often. The next thing I heard was the crack of a projectile hitting my windshield. It did Not immediately realized my windshield had been hit. nothing hit the hood, so whatever it was had enough velocity that it cleared the hood in rebound, or was small enough that I could not hear it hit. No marks on the hood whatsoever. i would entertain any other reasonable explanation that fits the circumstances.

not sure what “never heard of that” means. In the LA CA area there has been wide coverage of people having their windshields shot at.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I was coming up to a stop going between 5 & 10 mph. Cars in front of me were already stopped, and had been for some time before i rolled up. No opposing traffic. I had the SOT top open. I heard a crack, just like the sound of a pellet gun. I know the sound well, I have several, and shoot them often. The next thing I heard was the crack of a projectile hitting my windshield. It did Not immediately realized my windshield had been hit. nothing hit the hood, so whatever it was had enough velocity that it cleared the hood in rebound, or was small enough that I could not hear it hit. No marks on the hood whatsoever. i would entertain any other reasonable explanation that fits the circumstances.

not sure what “never heard of that” means. In the LA CA area there has been wide coverage of people having their windshields shot at.
I did not say, "Never heard of that". I said: "I never heard of them". Meaning the windshield manufacturer.
Big difference. No biggie. I read over posts, and miss things too.
Sponsored