Sponsored

Removed Stock Muffler

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
@DynoMax Exhaust, I just installed one of your 39537 muffler delete pipes on my 2019 JL. There is one issue with the fit. On the 2019 exhaust pipe there is an anti-rotation stud. I had to grind a clearance slot for it in your pipe in order to get it to slide all the way on. I don't think the 2018 exhaust had this stud.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
@DynoMax Exhaust, I just installed one of your 39537 muffler delete pipes on my 2019 JL. There is one issue with the fit. On the 2019 exhaust pipe there is an anti-rotation stud. I had to grind a clearance slot for it in your pipe in order to get it to slide all the way on. I don't think the 2018 exhaust had this stud.
I wish I had gone with the dynomax on the 2018 it just slide right on everyone's been showing videos with no problem that flowmaster was so hard that was an experience muffler shop been in business over 30 years and he spent over two hours trying to get it on had to enlarge the pipe heat it up he was frustrated said this is not the right fit but it's the right part number for that jeep. I do it again I would get to dynomax at first I thought it man this is too loud but now that I'm used to that it sounds pretty badass four hundred bucks.lot better than spending $6,800 and then I have to pay somebody $300 to put the muffler on. So most people have $1,000 invested . This is a lot better for just about the same sound for hundred bucks I love it

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just discovered that the same stud caused fitment problems on my JL, resulting in exhaust leaks around the joint (I didn’t grind off the existing stud). I loved the sound but wasn’t keen on the exhaust leak, and no matter what I tried, I could not stop the leak. I didn't have the patience to grind the stud off myself though. I removed the dynomax pipe a few days ago and put the stock muffler back on.

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i did the flowmaster, and i really like it. my 18 has the anti-rotation stud. i did however have to take it to my buddys shop and he enlarged the end a bit on his exhaust bender, but once he did that, it slid right on, no leaks. it sounds great and tucks the tip up and behind the bumper. had it out wheeling the rocks last weekend. that stock muffler would have been a punching bag. best hundred bux i spent so far.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I just discovered that the same stud caused fitment problems on my JL, resulting in exhaust leaks around the joint (I didn’t grind off the existing stud). I loved the sound but wasn’t keen on the exhaust leak, and no matter what I tried, I could not stop the leak. I didn't have the patience to grind the stud off myself though. I removed the dynomax pipe a few days ago and put the stock muffler back on.
You could not stop it from leaking?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
i did the flowmaster, and i really like it. my 18 has the anti-rotation stud. i did however have to take it to my buddys shop and he enlarged the end a bit on his exhaust bender, but once he did that, it slid right on, no leaks. it sounds great and tucks the tip up and behind the bumper. had it out wheeling the rocks last weekend. that stock muffler would have been a punching bag. best hundred bux i spent so far.
same thing here we had to enlarge it at the end to get to go on and then bang on it why is it so hard to get on it's like they made it too small dynamax pipe goes right on but everyone had problems with flowmaster think they have it fixed by now

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Interesting about that anti-rotation stud, my 19 has it, wasn't even aware it was there. I just slid it on, tightened it down and no leaks that I'm aware of. But now that I know it's there I think when I have some time I'll grind it down and slide the tube all the way on, should only take a couple minutes to grind it off. Thanks for pointing this out!

EDIT~Probably best to just grind a slot into the Dynomax tube to slip over that stud vs. grinding that stud off to work w/ the OEM muffler when it's time to sell. Or if I ever go back to that beast (although in truth, that's never going back on UNTIL I sell, lol).

Last edited:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
can one see this stud on the existing exhaust, I assume the stud protrudes out and the factory muffler/pipe(female) has a slot so the stud aligns it during the assembly on the line.
I have a late 2018 build (sept 6th) and I havent crawled under to look.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I did the flowmaster but basically the same concept I was talking to the engineer from data flow at a show a couple weeks ago in Dallas. I was asking him why it's so loud when I'm doing 70 som
and it's hard to hit a deer sometimes and I said yes it is sometimes. He said because I'm not shifting into 8th gear.every time when I'm not I'm at high RPMs which makes it louder it'll shift in the 8th when it does sometimes the noise isn't loud . I love the sound though for $93 you can't beat it

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
can one see this stud on the existing exhaust, I assume the stud protrudes out and the factory muffler/pipe(female) has a slot so the stud aligns it during the assembly on the line.
I have a late 2018 build (sept 6th) and I havent crawled under to look.
Yes you can see it, it's about 3/8" in diameter and sticks out about a 1/4" and is facing toward the driveshaft. I haven't looked at my OEM muffler but I have to assume it's got a slot that slides into that spot.

Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You could not stop it from leaking?
Correct, you could see the exhaust stains on the stock section of pipe. I thought about double clamping it, but with that stud on there, I don’t have room for 2 band clamps.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Yes you can see it, it's about 3/8" in diameter and sticks out about a 1/4" and is facing toward the driveshaft. I haven't looked at my OEM muffler but I have to assume it's got a slot that slides into that spot.
Thanks!

Sage73

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
I have a dynomax delete pipe for sale if anyone is interested, used it for 10 miles.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have a dynomax delete pipe for sale if anyone is interested, used it for 10 miles.
they are $93 brand new what are you selling it for I'll ask a friend of mine? Do not like the sound or what ?