Removed Stock Muffler

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I'd do this but from what I found online Idaho has rules against removing the muffler. Specifically if the modification results in a decibel reading louder than 95db from 20 inches away so I'm guessing this would be a no-go
Sponsored

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
You would still have a "muffler" on it technically. But I am not an attorney LOL, nor a LEO who might pull you over :)
And I wonder what a dB reader from 20" away sound like on this...

I'd do this but from what I found online Idaho has rules against removing the muffler. Specifically if the modification results in a decibel reading louder than 95db from 20 inches away so I'm guessing this would be a no-go

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
You would still have a "muffler" on it technically. But I am not an attorney LOL, nor a LEO who might pull you over :)
May I ask why the deisgner of the #39537 didnt extend it out and maybe put a Chrome tip on it? and yes I know it would cost more.

Flowmaster has the right idea but cant use a vernier caliper to measure the OD of the factory pipe to properly deisgn theirs?

Also what material is this made of?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I went ahead and ordered the flowmaster last night. To me it sounds better it has more of a tone and nice sound to it the dynomax to me it's more of someone that wants to get rid of muffler but doesn't want it no noise it's not very loud it's more quieter than the flowmaster. it's too funny I had both videos and played them back and forth for many times and several friends of mine all said flowmaster had more noise to it and it sounded better and that assured me I was right so I ordered it last night. Sergeant being hard to put on a friend of mine's mechanic at a shop he said no problem if they have to heat it up or they'll find a way to get it on a f

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
See below in bold :)

May I ask why the deisgner of the #39537 didnt extend it out and maybe put a Chrome tip on it? and yes I know it would cost more. We see that most want it tucked up and out of harm's way. A tip is just going to get damaged and an additional cost that we didn't want to pass on to the consumer.

Flowmaster has the right idea but cant use a vernier caliper to measure the OD of the factory pipe to properly deisgn theirs?

Also what material is this made of? Mandrel bent stainless steel

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I agree 100% with flowmaster yes it's nice they put the chrome tip on it. why I don't know maybe just so it looks good if somebody looks underneath there. but if you have the chrome tip sticking out where people can see it standing behind it's going to get damaged somebody had to chrome tips one of the companies and I saw somebody break both of them you're going to hit you don't need anything showing I'm glad I want the flowmaster can't wait to get it. one of the videos on YouTube the guy shows putting it on he said and we took him about an hour. It was a little harder but not to bad. he said he gets compliments all the time on the sound and that's with wall tstreet people that he works around LOL that's what he said I'm looking forward to getting it had a nice sound I think the dynomax is for someone that wants the muffler gone but mostly quiet

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I want the muffler gone, but Quiet, so DynoMax for me. Now, can open up that Cubby Storage area, same as the JK, have significantly more storage space using that area where the muffler used to be
expand? you're replacing the cubby tray with something deeper?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I seriously doubt there's a noticeable difference in sound between the Dynomax and the Flowmaster, both use the same pipe diameter in a very similar path, one fits & one doesn't are the only real differences that I felt important.

But hope that Flowmaster meets or exceeds your expectations, keep us posted :)

Sponsored

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
you're saying the delete pipe itself acts a muffler? I can understand that. The "less than 95db from 20 inches away" is the main issue in my area. perhaps someone here who has the delete pipe also has a db meter and can let us know?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I played both videos about a dozen times lol I asked several friends of mine to listen to both of them and every one of them said the flowmasters sounded a little louder and better to them so I said what the hell I'll just try the flowmaster lol

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a flowmaster delta force 2 and was disappointed at the drone over 2K rpm. So instead of taking it back off I added a bottle resonator in back of the stock resonator and that fixed the issue. I still wound up spending a lot less than the Borla which most go to but even those you see come up for resale. Black painted exhaust has held up just fine so far with over 3K miles on it, and I like the look of the axle back in black.

ITSTHEWIFES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sport. 06 Toyota Matrix xrs. 13 Chevy Sonic
I have commented to the wife how good, although quiet, the exhaust sounds. It sure seems to have potential. Unfortunately It is not mine, so I cant tinker with it.