Removed Stock Muffler

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wonder if dynomax shortened the pipe to address this issue. I have my pipe all the way on and its at least a quarter inch away from that nub. To get it to cover that nub i would have to twist the hell out of the stock hanger rubber
A couple things:
1) I unbolted the stock hanger mount when I did mine. This gave me all of the latitude I needed for mounting.
2) I spun and turned and pushed the heck out of the Dynomax to get it as far on the pipe as I could. I bet yours will slide in further, at least to the little nub, if not past it (if you add a slot).
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Why did you take yours by off ? I guess I don't understand ? I have no problem of mine that sounds great and everyone compliments me. Can't beat $99 cool exhaust sound

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Maybe @DynoMax Exhaust can answer if the piping has been shortened there, but from the pics of all the recent installs it looks like the pipe expands in the same place behind the clamp, not nearly as short as would be needed to be that far behind that stud.

FWIW mine didn't take much effort to get it to slide till it was fully seated and all the way past that stud. And like mikej stated, I also removed the hanger to do this.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why did you take your love I guess I don't understand ? I have no problem of mine that sounds great and everyone compliments me. Can't beat $99 cool exhaust sound
I didn’t like the tone of the sound. It just didn’t work for me. Glad you’re liking yours!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

A couple things:
1) I unbolted the stock hanger mount when I did mine. This gave me all of the latitude I needed for mounting.
2) I spun and turned and pushed the heck out of the Dynomax to get it as far on the pipe as I could. I bet yours will slide in further, at least to the little nub, if not past it (if you add a slot).
i removed my hanger for my install as well. ill go back and try it again but as i said and you can see in the pics, right now the rubber hanger is 90 degrees. if it were to move forward more, the hanger would be twisted forward. i can unbolt it all and give it a go. as you can see, the bottom of my jeep was covered in mud. so yanking stuff around causes a nice dirt shower lol. even with goggles it sucks

Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Anyone happen to know what the factory catback exhaust weights?

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
For those of you that removed the stock muffler and installed a muffler delete pipe (Flowmaster, Borla, etc), did anyone re-install the passenger side exhaust bracket? Just trying to debate if it's worth re-installing the bracket that is not used or to leave it off.

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
For those of you that are curious to see how the Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back on a JLUR 4xe, here are some photos to see how much clearance you get. I definitely recommend using a hydraulic pipe expander to widen the Flowmaster to fit on the stock exhaust pipe. Once expanded, installing the exhaust is easier than removing the stock exhaust.

IMG_5945.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

IMG_5960.JPG
Sponsored