Sponsored

Removable doors on JL/JLU?

Deacon Blues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hey @Deacon Blues

The sad part about many of these small or mid-sized trucks.. is that being 6' 3'' tall with chronic back pain. I'll never be able to sit in one of these.. We test drove the Chevy Colorado and found out the hard way.. I couldn't stand the seats.. same holds true with the Toyota Tacoma even the Grand Cherokee was unconformable.. But the 2017 Wrangler (or future Wrangler) on the other hand.. was very comfortable without any seat adjustments.. So removing the doors on the new Wrangler JL would be nice but we're not anticipating removing the doors if we end up with the JT truck.. Doesn't seen right.
Aww, come on. It would be the same fun ride but with the utility of a truck. sounds like a winning combo.
Sponsored

Deacon Blues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not just that removable doors MUST be on the JL & JLU.

It's that the ease/function of removing the doors should be improved upon the JK & JKU.

It's clear the removable roof panels which fit in the rear cargo area are a marked improvement for many.

But if the doors aren't easier to remove than the JK/JKU, coupled with the enthusiast's skepticism about the new roof, it could be a disaster sales wise.

I for one, love the new roof design, and will never even put the opaque panels on, and will opt to not even buy them if possible, just having the glass panels letting light shine thru permanently.

But I also recognize that for those who do not absolutely love the new roof design, easily removable doors are an absolute must.

Deacon Blues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can appreciate that we all have our hot buttons and preferences. For me, A wrangler with fixed doors is just another SUV. A nice SUV, mind you, but an SUV nonetheless.
Sponsored