Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have had an excellent service from the dealer. Can't complain at all. Every step of the way, pre and post sales have been EXCELLENT. As a matter of fact I would highly recommend them. They have helped me enormously on many occassions, when I have gone to them before and after sales. Keith, my sales person gave me the keys to the demo JLU without (before buying) hesitation, when I asked him that I wanted to drive the jeep to my home to see if it fits in the garage. Keith spent almost an hour to explain, once our jeep was ready. It is possible he may have missed out telling me about the panel. Heck, on second thoughts, he may have explained it to me, but in excitement to drive away the new jeep I may have overlooked this part of his explanation.
Pickering Chrysler Dodge Jeep.
I also had a great dealer experience, from very first contact to final delivery.

I clearly remember not being told how to remove the freedom panels, but that is not nearly enough reason to tarnish my experience or the salesman.
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I also had a great dealer experience, from very first contact to final delivery.

I clearly remember not being told how to remove the freedom panels, but that is not nearly enough reason to tarnish my experience or the salesman.
Same. Spent 30+ minutes going over the 8.4C, but nothing on the panels or hardtop. However, I was super bored with the screen functions already.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
What a fun thread. Glad we could help.

I’m gonna go take a Valium now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same. Spent 30+ minutes going over the 8.4C, but nothing on the panels or hardtop. However, I was super bored with the screen functions already.
My guy was very nice and made it easy for me to get a great deal on the Jeep. That's the only reason why I didn't cut his tour of the Jeep short. Otherwise, I was quickly bored and just wanted to drive away. I wasn't in a big rush to make the 3 hour drive home, so I actually learned more sitting on the side of the road a couple miles away from the dealer. Lol

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
My guy was very nice and made it easy for me to get a great deal on the Jeep. That's the only reason why I didn't cut his tour of the Jeep short. Otherwise, I was quickly bored and just wanted to drive away. I wasn't in a big rush to make the 3 hour drive home, so I actually learned more sitting on the side of the road a couple miles away from the dealer. Lol
I have found that if you know cars and understand tech, you can figured out things in half the time it takes a sales person to explain; regardless of brand. There are some little tidbits that sales will know, but 90% of your daily functions are easy to figure out. Sadly at times I know more than the sales person just from general knowledge and online research; last 2 cars I got, I skipped the tutorial because I was excited to get on the road. First thing I did on my Moab was take off the Freedom panels and set up the 8.4 to my liking. I would think that if I was in sales I would just sit down with each new model and figure it out on my own to help me sell better to customers, sadly some sales people just don't invest that time.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have found that if you know cars and understand tech, you can figured out things in half the time it takes a sales person to explain; regardless of brand. There are some little tidbits that sales will know, but 90% of your daily functions are easy to figure out. Sadly at times I know more than the sales person just from general knowledge and online research; last 2 cars I got, I skipped the tutorial because I was excited to get on the road. First thing I did on my Moab was take off the Freedom panels and set up the 8.4 to my liking. I would think that if I was in sales I would just sit down with each new model and figure it out on my own to help me sell better to customers, sadly some sales people just don't invest that time.
Fully agree. The best way to know all the ins and outs with something, is just to spend some one on one time playing with it.

My salesman was actually the most knowledgeable Jeep employee I've ever run into. It was obvious within the first minute of Jeep talkthat he definitely studied the product very well. I spent a year of research and borderline obsession about the JL, waiting for the 19 model year to get going and up to speed. I knew every nut and bolt by the time i was sitting with the salesman, so there was nothing left for him to teach me, but it was another level of niceness knowing that I dealt with a guy who went the extra distance.

thesuepahfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport
Where by chance did you pick up those after market handles? I like these better than the stock ones.

Front
20190802_165705.jpg

Rear
20190802_165713.jpg

And not the greatest shot of the driver side. Not with my Jeep to take a better pic, but the side handles aim forward when latched. Also, these are oriented and function just like the factory plastic ones.
20190802_165728.jpg

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
It’s a good idea to read the owner’s manual to get to know your vehicle better.
But it's hard to find the owners manual in a stolen JL.

Try this.

TheFix.jpg
Sponsored