Sponsored

Remote start not exactly necessary?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I thought that you only need an active XM Guardian subscription to make this work without the Cold Weather Group.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I thought that you only need an active XM Guardian subscription to make this work without the Cold Weather Group.
I believe I received a 1yr free subscription with my Ram. Hope it's the same for the JL

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
I have remote start on my key fob and by app using onstar for my GMC Yukon. I rarely use it but the app works well. It will start and run for 10 minutes then turn off. It also locks/unlocks and has a panic feature along with all vehicle data. There used to be a charge so I cancelled it then onstar offered me 3 more years for free. I wouldn't pay for it but the peace of mind to be able to unlock remotely may just be worth something. My Jaguar is app only and I've never used it.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Also, with the app, it acts as a tracker, which is also a discount on your insurance (for my USAA at least)

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Yes, it's true 1 year free, great app and tracker, in using it but it's like $350/400 per year. I'll look again to see the exact price.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
My 73 year old dad who sometimes does things absent mindedly has remote start on his JK. More than once he has walked out to his shop and to his surprise his Jeep was sitting there running (for who knows how long).
it'll only run for 15 minutes before turning off, at least that is how the GC is, Im assuming its pretty standard.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I think you are right, I looked at the pricing in the UConnect connect after I activated, it's kinda pricey.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
It's BS the remote start is an option (perhaps because remote start is not allowed in every state). So Jeep like most auto companies make desirable features as an option. In this case Jeep is not installing anything but simply activating the feature that is already installed. I am fairly certain this is also the case for the proximity entry option too.

I use the remote start on occasion on my JK. Usually when it is very cold to heat it up before I jump in. So not exactly necessary but I would take the proximity entry over the remote start.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
wonder if they deal on Guardian like they deal on XM radio packages?....anyone know?

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Didn’t look like any deals when I turned it on this am. So far it is 2 for 2 on remote start requests using the app.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have this capability in my Yukon via OnStar. It’s pretty awesome. I can start truck from my desk at work and walk out to it 15mins later. GMC gives us that for free for 5 years. Sucks that FCA only gives 1 year.

Oh, well. I ordered a manual so no matter to me, anyway. :)

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I have remote started my Jeep with the app over 20 times already. Never has taken more than 30 seconds to activate. It does have timed shut off. I also get a message on my watch when the Jeep gets the request to start. (The message arrives almost immediately as it starts). I also got a message on my watch when it timed out and shut down. Nice feature (but very pricey.) The Sirius subscription also allows you to view odometer, air pressure in tires, oil life remaining and gas gauge on the app, as well as location services.
Sponsored