recovery strap

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Still learning. So this kit is for someone else to pull you out but outside of a winch, are there other methods to pull yourself out? IE, not necessarily wheeling alone, which I wouldn’t want to do, but say you happened to get stuck somewhere along the line and wanted to be able to get out but you don’t have a winch yet? I was wondering if there’s tricks that have been learned.
Depends on what you're stuck in. Typically though, you'll at least need a rope and a little know-how if you're alone. Here's a pretty good option for snow or mud: https://www.tracgrabber.com/. You could make one of those yourself by wrapping a length of rope around your tire and rim a few times. Also, if you're really stuck, and have enough rope, this is a great option:
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Still learning. So this kit is for someone else to pull you out but outside of a winch, are there other methods to pull yourself out? IE, not necessarily wheeling alone, which I wouldn’t want to do, but say you happened to get stuck somewhere along the line and wanted to be able to get out but you don’t have a winch yet? I was wondering if there’s tricks that have been learned.
There's always TRACTION PADS/COMEALONGS/SHOVELS. BUT--

COMMON SENSE and CARE are PRIMARY !

Sand/Snow/Rocks--NO WHEEL SPIN --
Sandtracks711044.jpg

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
To me there’s two types. Static and kinetic. Common terminology, one that doesn’t really stretch and one that does. Typically the flat straps that are 3-4” wide don’t tealky stretch. They are great for extending a winch line if you have to it towing a car. The ones that stretch are great for when you’re stuck or pulling someone stuck in the fact that it’s like a rubber band or shock absorber. It softens the blow when the line goes tight then like a rubber band can help pop you out. Doing that with a flat strap will work but can be a bit more jarring. Using a chain for me is only when doing a controlled pull like a winch or starting with a tight line. Chains are aggressive.

Ideally you’re going to have both types of straps. The stretchy ones aren’t great for winching because they do stretch but also work, can be slightly more unpredictable.

Brett

Last edited:

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Big fan of the bubba rope and their soft shackles.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yes there are, but get ready to work for it. A Harbor Freight winch is way easier and buy it on sale.

Sponsored